Port Royal today

Great Report Larry! Congrats!

Aaahhh…that’s my creek!
Nice haul, lucky to have that hole all to yourself on a Friday!

quote:
Aaahhh....that's my creek!

That’s a lot of people’s creek :smiley:

Have you been there lately? Seen the eagles lately? I’m worried about the eagles.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Worried about em?
John T been on the island chopping em down… Bwaahhhhh!

^^^^^ I heard the same…ha!

Fished again today 12/11, with almost the same results as 2 weeks ago. 3 of us went through 10 dozen shrimp and 6 dozen mud minnows in 4 hours, noon till 4, caught over 100 fish, ran out of bait. Trout, reds, black drum and sheeps. Got more shorts today than last trip, but plenty of keepers too. Kept a few, released most. Beautiful day in Port Royal, not warm but nice day with good friends and great fishing :smiley:

A boat pulled out at the ramp behind us and said they had fished all day since early morning in a dozen spots and didn’t catch a single fish. They told us the fish just weren’t biting today. Then they looked in our cooler :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Awesome report, CL. You really have that place “dialed in”. Looks like I might get some “River Therapy” this weekend. Hopefully, I’ll have something to report.

spec

1980 Skandia 21 w/ '93 JohnRude 150 gas drinker

Were you using live shrimp? They hitting the minnows the same as the shrimp?
I need to repack the bearings in my trailer and get it off the blocks!!

Yes, live shrimp and mud minners on the bottom, deep. 12-20 feet. Started fishing at slack high water and they bit steady the entire falling tide. We left them biting so we wouldn’t get stuck by the tide until after dark. Too cold for that[:0] The shrimp were slightly preferred over the minnows, but only slightly. Didn’t try any artificials, but the people we talked to who did didn’t catch a fish.
I think they were fishing too shallow though.

Still no eagles, but saw a big otter and a couple of minks that were entertaining.

Edit: For those who don’t know, Bolan Hall Seafood now has live shrimp and minnows and they are very generous in their count :sunglasses: It’s convenient for me because I drive right by them going to any ramp in the area that I use. Saves me 20 miles over driving into Port Royal for bait, although the folks at Beaufort Boat and Dock are great too.

Capt. Larry Teuton

Dang you have me wondering about the eagles now Larry… I’ve been enjoying those birds for quite a while now. Sure hope they moved on and nothing bad happened to them.

07 Scout Winyah Bay 221 Yamaha F150

They have been there for several years that I know of, maybe longer, until the last few months. Tour boats used to come in there loaded with people just to watch and photograph them. I enjoyed them as much as the fishing. The eagles, not the tourist boats :smiley: Lot of places I can catch fish, but not many I could watch a pair of eagles at the same time.

Capt. Larry Teuton