Port Royal today

It was windy, it was a wet ride, it wasn’t warm, but the fish were hungry :smiley:

Raymond, Dave and I braved the small craft warnings and cold this morning, had to change launch locations due to 4’ seas in Broad River :help: Switched plans, launched in the Cheechessie, still got soaking wet, but we caught fish non-stop from the time we wet a hook until the time we called it quits. Left them still biting. We’ve got a strong front moving through tonight and the fish always turn on ahead of the low pressure fronts.

We didn’t see another boat on the water except for one oyster man and one crabber, which is almost impossible near Hilton Head and Beaufort on a Saturday. They should have gone fishing:smiley: Raymond said we were the only ones stupid enough to be fishing today :lol:

We caught a bunch of these…

And a dozen of these…

And a lot of these. This is a little one, throw back. It’s in the legal slot but we can do a lot better…

Did a whole lot of this…

This one is a keeper, 1/4" under slot

We had these coming in the boat 2 at a time, grab the net, can’t, got a fish on, net your own fish…

[img]http://i1244.photobucke

Nice mess of fish Cracker.

Thanks Easy. Just one of those days, right spot, right time, fish almost every cast. You don’t know if you don’t go. Got to pay your dues.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

didn’t see the no molesting signs… but that looks like Morgan Island.

Where ever, that’s a great day!!!

on the black drum, my son caught one way, way , way up river on the Combahee. unfortunately it was under 14"

very nice fishing report.

That’s some nice work, Larry!

Thanks Syd.

Not Monkey Island Fred, we were on the Hilton Head side of the sound.

Capt. Larry Teuton

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

(**() Cracker! Not what I need to see right before finals time!! Too much studying and not enough fishing. Ha. Nice haul.

Great job guys, no wonder Raymond is too busy to fix my flats boat! Ha, Ha,. Need to get those background shots out of your pictures as those in the know can recognize your location. Too far from the dock for me to go.

www.fishincoach.com

Those who know the place know it ain’t no secret spot Coach. Those who don’t probably can’t find it anyway :smiley: I ain’t saying.

quote:
no wonder Raymond is too busy to fix my flats boat! Ha, Ha,

He’s got a T-top, leaning post, swim platform and upholstery to build for me too. He does stay busy, but we both played hookey yesterday.

Capt. Larry Teuton

Hell of a catch, Larry…Congrats!

NN

07, 23 Key West, Twin 115 Yammys

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

Man, that a good box of keepers Larry! Days like that will keep a long time!

Biggest trout I have seen outside of DNR tanks. Huge!

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

Great pics and report! I tried my luck over at Capers Island ( Turtle Creek) on ariticals with no luck. Thanks for post,

Miss Libby 2
26’ World Cat

Fish are deep now, deeper than most folks expect. All the fish came from 12-20’ deep, even the reds.

Capt. Larry Teuton

Nice mess of fish Larry! Those trout look like pigs!!

What happened to the Eagles??

Not sure where the eagles were, not at home.

Capt. Larry Teuton

Nice mess of fish .I guess I have went at the wrong time fishing there . Three of us had one good day catching trout at that location . One day my brother and I caught about 40 4-5 inch black Drum there .

I DONT HAVE A BOAT
BUT LOVE TO FISH> HINT

quote:
What happened to the Eagles??
quote:
Not sure where the eagles were, not at home.

I haven’t fished that spot in 6 months or more, last spring sometime and the eagles were there then. My fishing partners have been a few times and said they haven’t seen them in a while. Hope nothing bad happened to them. I always enjoy watching them.

Excuse my poor photography…

quote:
I have went at the wrong time fishing there .

That spot gets a lot of fishing pressure. It’s not unusual to see 8 or 10 boats in there. We had it to ourselves on Saturday. Only people crazy enough to get soaking wet to get in and out of there I reckon :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton

Saw a pair of Eagles at the Gray Hill landing a couple weeks ago. along with about 10 cats and a pair of dolphins looking for a handout.
No I didnt feed them.

Rich Chesser
Panga Marine 18