Pretty amazing statistic.....

*Clemson finishes the season with a 14-1 record and National Championship against the nation’s top schedule according to the NCAA statistical service. The Tigers beat 11 teams that finished with a winning record, including five teams that won at least 10 games.

Not to mention we beat teams this year that have won the last 7 Championships.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

And O31-O State was the ONLY team in a bowl game to not score a point…how’s that for a stat!

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

That is a great stat. Although those things dont matter to me, as you know, I thing the measure of your schedule are the rankings at the end of the year…
Beating teams with winning records or 10 wins means little in that thought process. If you beat Furman and they in 10 games, in too impressive. Similiar to beating teams with winning records. if they beat only teams with loosing records, it doesnt mean much.

NO, I’m taking away anything from Clemson. Just saying, as I have many many times, the final rankings is the true measure of your schedule. How many teams ranked at the end of the season did you beat.

This stat is based against the same record of all the other teams, too. So yes, it’s a telling stat. No one else managed it…why discount it?

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Clemson beat #2, #6, #8, #16, #21, and #24 at the end of the season. Is that good enough? Based on your end of season obsession, it’s impossible for them to have played anyone ranked higher than they are soooo…

Did anyone else do that?

Dang, for the fan base of the NC team yall sure are sensitive. I in no way discounted the stats. I actually said it was great.

And Edisto, I never said I had any issues with who CU beat. I simply said I think that is a better metric for strength of schedule. I dont have an obsession. I just hate the pre-season polls. and SOS at the beginning of the year is based on pre-season rankings.

Yall won…settle down…geesh

quote:
Originally posted by Fishb8

I simply said I think that is a better metric for strength of schedule.

The NCAA strength of schedule takes into account the final rankings, not preseason polls, they are doing what you think is the right way to determine SOS.

quote:
Originally posted by shevy
quote:

The NCAA strength of schedule takes into account the final rankings, not preseason polls, they are doing what you think is the right way to determine SOS.

we are not on the same page. You posted about beating teams winning records and number of win.

That is what I am replying to. and SOS in the beginning of the year are on pre-season rankings…there is nothing else to go on. which why I dont like pre-season rankings.

I think you are missing it fish. We have the highest SOS at the end of the year. Based on where teams are ranked now. Nobody had a tougher path to the Natty than us, and we knocked out the champ on the top of the mountain.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

I think you are missing it fish. We have the highest SOS at the end of the year. Based on where teams are ranked now. Nobody had a tougher path to the Natty than us, and we knocked out the champ on the top of the mountain.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I know and I think that is the right way to determine SOS.

The whole beating teams with winning records and stuff just doesnt mean much to me.

FishBjealous just can’t admit that Clemson is hands down the best team in college football this year. Denial in the face of fact is all he has left at this point. He was hoping that South Bamalina would avenge the asswhipping the chickens got. Sad thing is the SOS would have been stronger if the yard birds weren’t on it.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by shevy
quote:

we are not on the same page. You posted about beating teams winning records and number of win.

That is what I am replying to. and SOS in the beginning of the year are on pre-season rankings…there is nothing else to go on. which why I dont like pre-season rankings.

I’m confused bud.

You stated that stats in my post meant nothing to you because rankings at the end of the year matters most. But that’s exactly the way the NCAA calculates it. Thus those stats I posted should matter to you since you only care about SOS based off final rankings. The post also said that included 5 teams the posted 10 wins which obviosuly we all ranked in the top 25 at the end.

SOS at the beginning of the year has absolutey nothing to do with anything within my origonal post.

Salty, Shut the he11 up. take your d-baggery and go away.

Shevy, All I’m saying is that beating teams that have winning records (7-6 and better) doesnt matter to me. Beating teams with 10 win is impressive, if those are good wins. Just to make this clear, this has nothing to do with Clemson. I have said this many times. The end of the year rankings are the most important in measuring SOS. I have not looked to see how CU’ SOS stacked up, but I assume it one of the top. They are clearly the #1 team.

This is why I say this. herer are some 10+ win teams, not in the top 25
Boise State
San Diego state
Temple
Tulsa
App State
Air Force
Troy

Awww, poor guy got his feelings hurt again.

Listen dumbass, your argument has been proven false. Also, all the teams you list are Group of 5, not Power 5. Their SOS by nature is going to be weak and irrelavent to rankings. And you’ve been told over and over that the Tigers ended the season with the #1 SOS. Why are you even arguing your point further?

But, go ahead and beat the dead horse, whine and cry some more about why Clemson isn’t truly #1 in your eyes. Or man up, grow a set and admit you’re wrong.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

DUDE CAN YOU READ.

STFU

Shevy, Put a leash on your idiot :slight_smile:

Just curious…

Has any other team ever won more than one NC without a white QB?

If not, then maybe the CU should change its mascot name to the Black Tigers…

AND, before it gets started… it’s a joke for crying out loud…

RBF

Auburn had Cam, but calling them the Black WarPlainsTigerEagleMan would just sound weird.

quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

Auburn had Cam, but calling them the Black WarPlainsTigerEagleMan would just sound weird.

Won more than one, and never with a white QB…

CU’s 2 NC’s:

Homer Jordan
DW4

Homer may have been the 1st black QB to win a NC, not sure.

RBF