Pretty good day 10/10

Grace and I headed out to a good looking spot on Sat, had quite the walk lugging the gear and settled in for a day of surf fishing. The rain dumped on us for about two hours in the beginning but we were perfectly happy to get out. We used crab for bait, fished shortly after low tide, and most fish were caught shortly after on the incoming. Found a nice long cut at least a 100yds that dumped into a huge trough that was located at the high tide line. which shockingly the trough only yielded one fish. The days tally not bad, couple of blues, 7 reds, 3 massive shark runs, one of sharks was black tip got airborne peeled off a hundred yards or so and mono leader couldnt take the teeth, another good run on another shark popped off again and finally the third I landed on penn 6500 which made for a good fight, the sharks hit cut blue at night. All reds hit crab, and I didnt get photo of one of them. No huge reds but some were decent, and we enjoyed ourselves none the less. I think some photos are going to post sideways, but I know Happy Bob enjoys them that way, heres to you, Happy Bob:smiley::smiley::smiley:
Take a close up of the trough it looked killer- but for some reason I cant explain, only produced one fish:frowning_face:

[img]http://www.charlest

Sounds like a great trip! I was unable to fish this weekend…again :angry: and with the days getting shorter, afternoon trips are out as well. One day, I suppose when old, gray and retired, I’ll be able to catch the big ones too. Until then I can enjoy your pics.

Thanks Pete! :smiley:

Awesome catch! I’m going to try crab next time. The whole mullet works but I bet the crab is smellier. They have to meet the point length for bait?

Mr. Parker thank you, you’ve given so much to so many, me being one of them, Ive followed your postings for a couple of years and learned so much from them and cant express my gratitude enough, Ive pounded that beach for years and still to date have never landed one like your MONSTER , I will keep at it and maybe one day I’ll get mine , maybe, until then I’m grateful for what I have, grateful to sit on the beach with my dog and enjoy the sunset, thanks MR. PARKER.

Walkman I bought the crab at a mom and pop seafood store, on rivers, dont know the name, but call around Im sure you have one close to you, they come live by the dozen, or catch your own if you want, by the way that was one bad a$$ red you caught congratulations, what a beast.

nice post & pix. thankyou

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

Man, great day. Beautiful fish ! I need to go fishing with you:smiley:

Jack Taylor

Just a tip. If you save the pics to your computer, then open them, there’s a rotate button at the bottom of the windows picture viewer. When you rotate it, and close the picture, it will save it in the orientation you rotate it. Once done, THEN upload and they won’t be sideways…

NICE FISH!

Wadmalaw native
1999 16’ Bentz-Craft flats
1994 16’ Bentz-Craft flats
15’ Alumacraft, 1979 35 Johnson

ISLAND ARMORY, LLC - CONTACT ME FOR ALL OF YOUR FFL NEEDS!

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Taylor

I need to go fishing with you:smiley:

DIBS!..ME FIRST!

Man, I knew I should’ve called it SOONER!

Mr. Taylor and Mr. Parker Im looking into it, but dont hate me if I cant pull it off, little complicated :smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by runbabyrun

Walkman I bought the crab at a mom and pop seafood store, on rivers, dont know the name, but call around Im sure you have one close to you, they come live by the dozen, or catch your own if you want, by the way that was one bad a$$ red you caught congratulations, what a beast.

Runbabyrun, I think I’ll catch some crab, I know a couple good spots for that and it seems cleaning is easier than for eating: pull legs off open shell and snap in half? then you just run the hook through the middle? or do you have to rig it up somehow? That red gave me a good run, I did have the drag tightened down, not all the way but enough that I cant pull it out by hand and he still was pulling the line out…don’t think I really want to target little things anymore :smiley: