Pretty good week.

Had a decent week surf fishing. Finished up with one big pomp,4 black drum,one trout,one redfish ,one sharp nose , two unidentified 4 foot brown sharks,120 whiting, and a one small spade fish looking thing. On top of that too many aggrivating tiny rays and sharks to count. Had 4 or 5 pulled hooks on big rig and one broke line 50 lbs test with 5 steel leader. Had head shakes so it wasn’t a ray. Got sunburned and son found a big black arrowhead on the beach. Another beach trip gone by. Gotta go back to work and rest.

That sounds awesome. I’m going to be there next week. Where were you guys fishing and what kind of setup were you using? Thanks!

That sounds awesome. I’m going to be there next week. Where were you guys fishing and what kind of setup were you using? Thanks!

Very cool find. Was at EB a year or two ago on the front beach and one of our friends looked down, picked up a perfect arrowhead. Cool as hell. Also my son Jake found a clay pipe near one of the groins once. It was made from pluff mud we believe and probably at least 100 yrs old if not more.

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

We fished botany bay, state park , and the front beach. Incoming to high tide seemed to be best using three books rigs with small hooks and fresh shrimp. Big fish seemed to like early morning and late evening with whiting heads casted out as far as you could go. That pipe was a cool find.

My wife is a volunteer at Botany Bay. They find some amazing artifacts there. My son is out there tonight trying to catch a pompano to mark it off his list.

Hydra-Sport 3300VX
18 Key West