Projects

You know you need to dye the seat flames red…:smiley: Can’t help on upholstery any more my guy died about 6 years ago.

oh great minds think alike.
I actually have sewing and upholstery skills. We have done our own t-tops and enclosures and a couple leaning posts. I got kicked out of shop class. The shop teacher was the football coach. He wanted to be called coach. I refuse to. I called him Mr edge. He hated that. But what got me kicked out and suspended. The quarterback of the football team (his little pet) walked down the aisle hitting people with a yardstick. When he got to me I put him on his @$$. When I return to school after a week suspension. They made me go to home ec. Best thing that ever happened to me. 14-year-old boy with a class of nothing but girls. I took home ec the next 2 years…
Oh but back to the seat. The seat is from drag specialties. It from back in the late '80s. They made some with the leather dyed red. That seat had red thread around the the flame . but over the years it has faded away. Getting some vivid red fabric dye. And redoing the threads.
The funniest thing about the whole deal. Mr edge on the way to the principal’s office. Told me I was a no account pothead. that would have never amount to anything& spend most of my life in prison. I see old Billy boy (quarterback) around town from time to time. Riding his bicycle. He’s an alcoholic crackhead bum… Not that I’m anybody. But I have taken care of my family and a productive part of society. Funny how life works out sometimes.
Oh yeah and didn’t get my motor put back together. Bike shop did not get the bottom and put back together

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

There you go Fred. Went by the bike shop today. And seen this.

I called IMF in Augusta today. The guy I needed to talk to was already gone for the day. The lady I talked to said they could do everything I wanted. Taking my parts with me when I go back to Greenville. I’ll ship the stuff to them. Then pick it up.There only 2 hours from Greenville.

22 life’s a day

“Bike shop did not get the bottom and put back together”

With your skills…I’d trust your work over theirs. Key is having a good machine shop…that you trust but verify.

Youtube is your friend for motorcycle engines and monkeys riding them.

Get it man.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman

Very nice Otc

When you see your dog drag out stripped branches out of the pond you usually have one of these. I actually paid a guy $100 to trap this one.

Straightening a frame…

Made a decent profit on this one, it ended up in a Dudes collection in Maine. Not a lot of em made, 1964 Ford 2000 Row Crop high boy.

A mark III .22 My favorite pistol for now… Stolen and returned by police.

When you don’t get shrimp but find a ton of jelly balls.

Wife hard at work…

Messing with a friend, I changed a rear end for him and then had some graphics photo shopped on it. He was pretty ticked off when I sent him the pics… He’s a good guy.

Here’s one of my 1973 Camaro. Son had a semi broad side him totaling it.

The original plan was just take her down check everything. clean it up real pretty and put her back together. But plans changed. She’s getting built within thousandths of her life.
I’m hoping for mid too low 6s in the 1/8 mile. Under 10 in the quarter mile. Without a bottle. And street tires.If the crank and fly wheels aren’t perfect it will come apart pushing that kind of power. Old boy’s been building shovelheads and pan heads for over 40 years. He has probably forgotten more than I know.

That’s a hell of a frame machine.
How long did it take to get your gun back once it was recovered. & what kind of hoops did you have to jump through.
Years ago had some special bush’s (maybe 50)planted next to a creek and lake. Dang beavers eat almost all of them.

Two of us almost 2 hours. Could have built it faster

22 life’s a day

Got a few personal connections. Four days after it got stolen links got caught. I keep every serial number in the safe and every weapon I own has my last four and initial on them in a hidden spot. Some young kids looking for unlocked car doors and just taking easy stuff. I never locked any vehicle and the keys were in it. I’ve broken that habit. Live and learn sometimes the hard way.

New fork tubes…
Jap crap $99
Good old american-made steel $299…

22 life’s a day

picked up my motor . He also assembled the top end. Glad he did. Asked me if I wanted to do some bartering. Okay ?? Take out a slider and put in a set of French doors. Everything’s there. Tile guy coming Monday Carpenter quarantin. Labor for labor

Oh heii yeah…
old one out, new one in, trimmed & primed. Paint ready. Cleaned up and gone. 4hrs. Went back by the shop and tried to give him some money. Said it was a fair deal . But most important his wife was tickled to death. I know he’s got at least 6hrs just in the heads.

Getting excited. This working out of town sucks.
Fred
I’m on the waiting list. around 6 months IMF in Augusta. That’ll work fine. Give me time to upgrade some parts.

22 life’s a day

Did some anodizing. Got about 3 and a half hours for one bolt. A little splotchy. But I think I haven’t figured out. Going to try a batch tomorrow.

22 life’s a day

Second round of anodizing did not work out so well.not quite enough juice I should bump up to 16 volts from what I understand.
Another lesson learned. Don’t forget and leave your carburetor soaking for 10 days.

Next step start building a wiring harness.

Received several texts from my coworkers Monday morning about my little blankie.

22 life’s a day

What will that scooter be worth when you finish?

Ballpark?

Can you get your money back?

It really is looking good

79 lowrider.
The day I brought that bike home got it fired up and put new tires on it.I could have made a quick 2 Grand.
Kind of overdid it with the motor$$…
The bike will be pretty much original. Matching numbers. Not original paint.
That bike should be somewhere around $7,500 to $8,000.
That’ll be pretty close to what I have in it.
My other 79 is a anomaly.
Very few were made that the frame numbers did not match the motor. Supposedly makes it more valuable and rare. What a pain in the a$$ that has been over the years. Even with documentation from Harley. have almost been impounded several times.
Had that bike since 85.
We’ll probably never sell them. I get too old to ride just move them into the living room. hahaha. My grandson is a motorcycle fanatic. He will get them. Hopefully keeps them.

22 life’s a day

Wouldn’t let me start a new topic.
Bank question.
has anyone ever went to the bank to get money and the bank tell you they didn’t have it.Told I should have called ahead and they maybe could have had it for me the next day.
Come across a once in a lifetime deal.10 minutes down the road . 1957 panhead first $10,000 cash takes it that day before 3:00 . $20,000 scooter. Old fart dream bike.Took me about 4 hours to beg and borrow the money. Got there at 2:30 they were loading in it into a trailer. What a gorgeous bike. I was about sick.
Thinking about going to Magistrate Court suing for $5,000 the max. I can get appraisals from the pictures from a couple of bike shops. And Google.
Worth my time??
Oh yeah and I was just trying to get out $8500.

22 life’s a day

That applies to a lot more than just sickles…

22 life’s a day

Fred have you ever seen anything like this??

22 life’s a day

Looks German

No Sir, never seen anything like that. It doesn’t even look doable. Gotta be a low compression engine. Can’t see a bent rod handling much of a load. ??? Lot’s of crazy designs on engines.

Probably one of the most exotic rods I’ve seen are on a variable compression ratio engine. They never made it mainstream, not when you can slap on a variable vane Turbo so easy.

I’m thinking the most recent interest is how some manufactures are actually working out the kinks on true Variable Valve timing with no cam. Think of the racing applications or pure fuel economy aspects. Currently you pick a cam for a specific engine range. Low end, mid range, or high end. You suffer somewhere no matter what. With a VVT engine you could have a program for the most radical car shaking idle then have the best profile for anything in-between egg shells under the pedal to flat on the floor and gain the extra power of spinning a cam and pushing down valve springs.

Check this link out and the video on it OTC. Valve timing, duration, lift… all infinitely adjustable.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15349580/koenigseggs-camshaft-less-engine-explained-watch-it-in-action-video/

Seen one of these…

https://www.enginelabs.com/news/throwback-thursday-a-v8-engine-with-only-two-connecting-rods/

Here is something on the double piston single u-shaped rod…

https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Design-and-Computational-Investigation-of-Double-in-Ragul-Thampi/aece8351c8f1e1a4606f55f33467547da59a7ddd

RBF

Alright, you have me stumped. Japanese Moped engine?