Projects

Twingle

Old Triumph is my guess.

Maybe a Sears & Roebuck Puch?

If a chick is riding on it, then it has to be a SHOCKER…

RBF Robinette Beat Fascism

“CFC - A Quaint Little Political Site with a Fishing Problem”

I tried to copy the link but it wouldn’t let me…
From what a couple people are thinking it is a BSA or triumph motorcycle from the 50s. Supposedly both cylinders share the same cocombustion

Fred. I never seen anything like that with the valve timing and all. Way beyond me…

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

I find it fascinating, got to see some of the early stuff Cat was doing with vet but the reliability just wasn’t there. I’ve ordered more custom cam grinds for a sbc than I can remember. For that engine alone there must be a thousand different cam profiles … all of those and more in an infinite program and no hard parts to change.

Interesting ride to Greenville . It was raining a little bit when I left .Cut through the country from 22 to get on 501. This is where things become interesting. Took a bird to the chest at 60 mph. A couple miles farther down the road a bunch of deer run out in front of me. Had to lock it down. And they never got in a big hurry. Just before the aynor city limits. There was the biggest fattest beaver I ever seen in my life. Waddling down the edge of the road. Right after I got on 20 there was a highway patrolman changing a tire for someone.
Made my usual stop at sportsman’s Warehouse. There was a half a dozen bikes in the parking lot so I pulled over and parked by them. They were all Vietnam vets. Spoke to them for a couple minutes went in the store come back out there was a couple more there. Ask me where I was going told them Greenville. Said us too we’re going to PSA to meet some more buddies. Would you care to ride along with us. Of course I would be honored too. One of the old farts said try to keep up. We ride hard and fast. These dudes are all in there mid to late seventies.I’m thinking yeah here we go 65-70 down the interstate. I’m in the back of the pack with old dude that could barely get his bike up off the kickstand. These old farts weren’t playing. All the way to Greenville running 90 ,-100 mph and splitting traffic. We get to PSA there’s 3 other old fellas waiting in the parking lot. Turns out they were all coming to say goodbye to one of their buddies in hospice. He’s probably not going to make it through the week. One of them told me we’re a pretty tight bunch. All we had was each other when we come back from the war. There used to be about 60 of us. But this is all that are left they’re either dead or nursing homes or too feeble to ride.
Before they got back on the road. I shook every one of their hands and told him what a great honor it was for me to make that short ride with him.

22 life’s

https://www.facebook.com/MechanicSteve92/videos/483463049494189/
The old boy with one hand didn’t miss lick.
I love the way they put the sleeves back into the block.

22 life’s a day

It is German. JLO Motorenwerke, Pinneberg Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ILO-Motorenwerke

Wife & I ventured out this morning to look for new stereo for the ultra classic… We usually stay clear of the bike week stuff. It’s turned so commercial. Used to a bunch of old scruffy dudes selling parts of the back of the pickup trucks. Open class races at the drag strip. Wet (you know) contest. It was a big old party. Not anymore. Now all there is are the big old tractor trailers rolling out selling a bunch of Jap crap. Weekend warriors, yuppies That think their $h!t don’t stink.
Dang I’m getting old and miss the good old days.

Attendant at the porta johns what the he!!..

22 life’s a day

Sign(s) of the times, friend. How’s that suzuki rebuild going???:smiley:

Suzuki…what the??? Haha
Haven’t been home enough in the last couple of months to do anything.
Check this rig out pasted it on the way to Greenville yesterday. coolest thing ever…

22 life’s a day

needed a light duty torque wrench.I bought a Craftsman today. Probably take it back tomorrow. I opened it up and it looks cheap. I looked a little closer it’s made in Taiwan.
Starting to get parts for the ultra classic to get a little more horsepower…
Everything pretty light torque settings. Most everything in the cam chest is around 109 in lb.

Fred…??? The service manual says. Lubricate the threads and the underside of the hex head on the bolt. Torque to 14 to 17 lb.
Then turn the bolt 1 quarter of a turn. I’ve never heard of anything like that. ??? Oh yeah it the head bolts…

22 life’s a day

90 degrees is easy, but when a spec calls for crazy crap like 32* , 68* or some other crazy stuff this is the tool you need. You are welcome to borrow it anytime you want.

Strong looking hands. If I were Bob or Polly I wouldn’t want biotch slapped with one of those,just sayin’

They’re the first ones to criticize him for having some grease under his nails…
Fred greatly appreciate that. I can hit that quarter turn.¿

22 life’s a day

Ed, let’s not go there. To easy to get drawn into some silly crap. I actually had a member say I had no Backbone for “allowing” people to call me names!! How silly is that? I’ve only really had one or two comments that I would love to hear someone tell me face to face, but we all know that will never happen. :smiley: Life is good! Thank you for the compliment. They clean up real nice. Did my stress test a few months ago and Heart Doc said I was his best patient! After 12 min on treadmill never got my heart rate above 130. He gave up and then fussed a little about my triglycerides a little high.

Just like everyone else running behind because thay can’t find help. & their industrial work has picked up considerably the nice lady said.
Called them back in January (industrial metal refinishing) she said it would be between 4 & 6 months. Gave them a call this morning she said they continue to fall behind because of lack of help. Would be at least another 4 months. Quite possibly 6 months.
Let’s turn off the free money and get our a$$es back to work…

22 life’s a day

Amen. I’ve never seen lack of help as bad as it is right now. I figure you and I are similar in age, you ever seen it this bad? Never seen as many help wanted signs up and about. Might not be a job someone wants, but there is work out there and lots of it. America turning into a big Indian reservation making people rely on it and removing all incentive to work.

Just tried to order a set of cams.
Notice popped up on the screen.
ESTIMATED SHIP DATE JUNE 30TH.
Wife and I run to Wally world last night. Setting at the intersection pulling out of Wally world. 2 women in expensive lawn chairs dressed very nicely. Holding signs please help we don’t have food or milk for our babies.
Every single store. Let me repeat that EVERY STORE in the strip mall next to Walmart and including Walmart have help wanted signs hanging in their windows.
I see signs at fast food restaurants help wanted $250 sign on bonus $15 an hour to start…
Yet president empty head says the free money is not why people are not returning to work.
Wife went to to Facebook jail for posting about teachers needing to go back to work.
My employers wife is a teacher’s aide. Always posting that she it’s compromised and afraid to go back to work. But yet she’s posting pictures all the time. Out at restaurants and parties hugging on people and in big gatherings.
Never seen her with a mask on.
Wife called her on it. The post was removed…

22 life’s a day

Little story for you to read while you’re on the can.
My bells have went MIA.
Wife got me new ones.

The Legend of the Gremlin: The story is told of an old grey bearded biker who, late one night, was headed home from a road trip to Mexico. In his saddlebags were gifts and trinkets for the kids that lived at the orphanage where he worked.

As he rode alone in the cool desert air, he felt blessed for his own life, the children at the home, his biker friends and most importantly his bike, that had never let him down.

He had spent many a mile on the highway with this bike and the two had formed a bond, as only bikers can understand.

As he rumbled along the high desert, the full moon lighted up the sky and silhouettes of the cactus cast eerie shadows along the desert floor, the old graybeard was unaware that a few miles up the road awaited a nasty little group of road goblins, intent on its next victim.

Road goblins are evil little creatures that leave obstacles in your path- old mufflers, pieces of rubber, boxes, diesel fuel, and unexplained objects you never see that cause a tire to go flat or a chain or belt to break.

They also chase animals and deer into the path of unsuspecting bikers.

Road goblins sole purpose is to make a biker crash…adding notches to their little belts. They are evil and nasty little pieces of creation.

As the biker rounded the curve, the road gremlins ambushed him with everything they had, causing him to crash and skid. He awoke in the ditch, barely alive. Nearby was one of his saddlebags that had ripped off his bike.

The biker lay there, helpless and unable to move as the road gremlins began moving in to finish him off. The old graybeard wasn’t going to give up easily and started throwing things from the saddlebag at them. Finally, he had nothing left to throw but a tiny bell and he started ringing it…not knowing if it would