Put Up Or ShutUp Fish-Off

Seems to me that we have just enough egos out there that it is time to have an inshore fish-off tournament.

Anyone interested in getting together at a local watering hole to make up some rules?

We can keep it simple and it would not be difficult to pull off.

i am always up for gathering at a watering hole, whether it be local or not, but i have never cared much for rules. i tend to make mine up as i go.

but seriously, a lot of us are staying busy with the off-shore tourneys right now as i’m sure you know. not to mention taking out the rich guys during the week who just bought a new boat and want to “learn.” But i do know of a few fellers who i dont think frequent this site as of yet (they are kinda new to town) and i will pass this on to them. they are pretty darn good fishermen and have fished chas for over a decade but have only recently took up residence.

richie pound
Half-Mine mate

1 Like

Wando

I’m all in! Name the date and place. Hell, I might even buy the first round!:wink:

Lets start the rule making now while we’re at it.

1. Everyone must use a Zebco 303 rod and reel combo.
quote:
Originally posted by Fishphanatic

Wando

I’m all in! Name the date and place. Hell, I might even buy the first round!:wink:

Lets start the rule making now while we’re at it.

1. Everyone must use a Zebco 303 rod and reel combo.

big dog

Thought everyone already used the trusty 303.

Anyone else for a pop and rules discussion???

Also, A soul Slam will consist of a ray, salt catfish and a toadfish.

And if stretch is coming, we will have to figure out a handicap system.

Sure…I’m in!!

Just a thought…about Stretch’s Handicap…

He will have to use his 303 w/ 2lb.line,#1 hook and wigglers…no night crawlers…:smiley:

U’ll have that on them big jobs

I’m in.

meeting place?

“Imported Shrimp are delicious, but not nearly as delicious as the millions of baby fish and crabs local shrimpers kill”

Clueless idiots support local shrimp.

Shortcircuit, sounds great. I will be in touch. I am thinking maybe 3rd week in July for the tourney or around that area as everyone is offshore these days with the bite on. Any thoughts?
Anyone else?

big dog

Got you down stretch. Are afternoons around 5pm ok for pop?

quote:
Originally posted by Wando Grill

Got you down stretch. Are afternoons around 5pm ok for pop?

I’m 21, any watering hole will do. depending on the week I either get out at 5:30pm or 7pm. Keep me updated bo.

“Imported Shrimp are delicious, but not nearly as delicious as the millions of baby fish and crabs local shrimpers kill”

Sorry for the word pop. That is the word that I use for a drinkiepo. 21 or 91 it don’t matter to me. We will get a few more slingers to meet up and set a time/date.

I have not seen stonoman post recently? He would bring a little class to the gathering.

big dog

he’s in FL for a week fishing

Wando, name the place and time, I’m in.

1984 14’ alumacraft
2004 yamaha 25

oh â– â– â– â–  bizzles in.

i’m out.

separate bracket for shore fisherman right?just kiddin-sounds like fun.

Stretch, havnt made rules yet, thinkn bout teamin up…

Or will this be like the gold chain tournaments NO CONGRIGATING.

1984 14’ alumacraft
2004 yamaha 25

Hey guys …
Why not take this to the Lowcountry Anglers Tournament on the 17th?

Entry fee gets you food, drink, tshirt and good times at the captain’s meeting on the 14th at the Maritime Center. Live band and a great raffle too. Supports a great local charity … Camp Good Times, a summer camp for autistic kids.

Many different fish categories and nice prizes. Y’all can always have your own calcutta if the stakes aren’t high enough.

More details later.

quote:
Originally posted by johnbizzle

Stretch, havnt made rules yet, thinkn bout teamin up…

Or will this be like the gold chain tournaments NO CONGRIGATING.

1984 14’ alumacraft
2004 yamaha 25

I’ll wear my gold chain if you wear yours! Maby we can put triple 60lb thrust trolling motors on the back of the skiff to make us look like rea…I mean Reel Fishermen.

whats the entry on the lca tourney?

Count me in.I don’t have any gold chains but I do have a silver one.

sc sufrman,you can join up with me.:smiley:

On board the Fish Patrol.
Double D.

Sounds like fun, Im in. After tomorrow ill finally be able to get my boat to water.

PMS
Scout 172
Yamaha 115

I’d be in if I had a boat. :roll_eyes:

Good idea

Wando you started something now, have to have the cptn’s meeting at the CRASH AT THE CUT.

Stretch gotta get shirts wit a bizzle and a skiff on it. They gotta be collared.

Gotta get some patches for um too.

1984 14’ alumacraft
2004 yamaha 25