Real Shad Reports

How about we start some new real shad catching reports? Thanks

Went today & it was slow

21 Contender

Stopped by Wilson’s Landing around 2 pm today. Talked to a couple of guys that said they didn’t see anybody catch any Shad.

Got 5 yesterday & was there 3 hours. still early

21 Contender

My son and I went to Arrowhead sat. We caught a cooler full of herring and shad using Sabiki rigs.

Stephen Rogers

Great 1st post,thanks.

nice

Key West 2300 Bluewater

9 row, 17 bucks. At arrowhead.

Great day!

Fished Arrowhead this morning from daylight to 11:30. Kept 20 and released 5 big Roe Shad. Didn’t catch any Herring at all. 1.5 to 2 oz sinker with one 1/8 oz jig on 8# test, and used a Sabiki rig with a 4 oz sinker on 16# test.

Think I caught 8 on the Sabiki, ALL on the bottom lure. Probably lost a dozen too.

Talked to DNR at the landing, he said very few Shad were being caught at the Tailrace.

The tailrace was good when santee was in drought but the last few years of it being at close to full its been the more productive system.

The tailrace was good when more water was released there.Now more water is released through the rediversion at arrowhead.

nice

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.”
Will Rogers

Went yesterday & got 35 shad.

21 Contender

quote:
Originally posted by Tugted

Went yesterday & got 35 shad.

21 Contender

Great. Need to go one more time myself to top off my bait freezer.

TugTed is putting together a trip. DM him.

Any word on the Shad this week??
Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by ReelShock

Any word on the Shad this week??
Thanks

I would like to know also.I told a friend I would take him up there this week.He called arrowhead campground and the lady on the phone told him the shad run is over.I'm gonna call my brother in law when it gets dark and get the real scoop.I'd like to get another skillet of roe this year.Someone please help a couple old timers out.

Fished Arrowhead this morning until around 2:00. Shad are still there. Didn’t catch as many as we usually do though. Kept 10 Bucks, and released all Roes. Some Roes had already spawned too, since they were skinny. Probably around 30 caught altogether. Lost the usual 12 or so too.

Water was a little dirty and higher than the last trip there. Had better luck using Sabiki rigs in silver than catching them on Chartreuse grubs.

Herring fishermen were doing good on the left side of the canal.

I really appreciate it.