Requiem Fishing - Barely Legal Part One

Requiem Fishing went to a another new spot in SC and put 3 more on the sand! We are now at 28 of 100 for this season ( http://requiemfishing.tumblr.com )I won’t go into lengthy details on this post as it was mainly high fives, fist bumps and sharks on the sand to put it simply. You really just have to follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/requiemfishing and share with your friends to see more sharks and fish that we continually catch.

First up for the night is Richard. A 63" blacktip on spinning gear is landed and quickly released. A good morale starter for a new spot to say the least, but not as big as some of the blacktips we have been getting in charleston this year so far.

Richard called me a “One upper” for this shark. Very soon after releasing his first shark and talking to some of the tourists who happened to come watch us with the blacktip my 30w starts screaming. I quickly get hooked up and make quick work of my fish. It turned out to be a 94" lemon that was one of the calmer ones we have had on the beach. She only attempted to eat us once. Quick photos and a release and more questions by new tourists.

Late night is setting in which we have come to the conclusion is a dead time, like the heat of the day, so we start to pack up. The moment we touch a rod, Richard’s 30w makes a screaming run. However once the drag is set we assume the shark is gone and we are just bringing the weight in. The last 20-30 yards and we realize we do have one which is barely legal for our goal (100 over 5’) and tapes out

Would any of these have been possible without the use of a kayak?

www.epictalentmedia.com

Yes black tips and lemons are commonly what we catch on spinning gear in casting range

For more reports and photos Like Us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/requiemfishing