RIP Roscoe

It’s been a tough week for me. A week ago, I had to take my best friend to the vet due to a lack of appetite for several days. Turned out to be kidney failure and the old boy just couldn’t do anything to fix it.

Roscoe had been slowing down a little for the last year or two as he surly wasn’t a pup anymore. I didn’t think much of it until he stopped eating all together. He had been picky with his food for several months, but it wasn’t really anything out of the ordinary. I just figured that he was getting older and his metabolism was slowing down as it does in older dogs.

After the diagnosis on Friday and a day of IV fluids at the vet, I picked him up Friday afternoon. He had better energy but still wouldn’t eat. I made him his favorite meal (tyson’s lean chicken in the can) and all he would do was lick the outside of the chicken. He wasn’t interested in eating any of it, that’s when I knew it was really almost over. A healthy Roscoe would have devoured the entire can in a matter of about 60 seconds. The worst part was that you could tell by him looking at it that he really wanted to eat it badly.

Saturday, my wife and I spent the day together hanging out and just spending time with him in the house and around the yard. Saturday night, we slept in the living room with his pillow next to ours afraid of him needing us in the middle of the night and us not being able to hear him if we were in our bedroom at the back of the house.

On Sunday, I put the old boy in the truck one last time. Roscoe and I headed out to our country place where he loved to go so many years before. Being able to run around with no leash and no laws and no rules was his favorite thing to do. He could run about 200 yards before I’d even start to call him back to me. When he realized how far he was away, he’d sprint back to me and almost knock me down every time. There would be no running on this day, he just couldn’t muster the energy. Just me and him in this big open area all to ourselves with nothing but the bir

I’m sorry. Been there. Too many times.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Hate to hear that Ricky, it’s never easy. Godspeed Roscoe.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Sorry to hear this Ricky. They do become a part of the family.

Man, I love a dog. Sorry Ricky, for you and your wife. That dog knew how much you lived him.

A dog is truly mans best friend. Sorry for your loss.

sorry to hear that, mine died in her sleep a month ago, she was 17+ I still visit her everyday with a tear in my eye. Still miss her

26’ Twinvee Cat
Twin Suzuki 175’s
www.creeksidemetalworks.com

Sorry to hear Ricky. I have had to put down 4 pets in the last 2 years. Sounds like you gave Roscoe a great life!

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty
Scott.Fulton@AgentOwnedRealty.com

really sorry to hear that Ricky. Its the worst part of life. :roll_eyes:

My sympathies to you.

j

i’m sorry 23

Best wishes for Roscoe
One of the hardest think i have ever done.
Opie, took me throught alot of hard times.
Sure that what Roscoe did for you.

RIP Roscoe an Opie!!

23, I’m really sorry! I lost my little girl last year. She was the sweetest most gentle pup I’ve ever had. It’s a hard thing.

quote:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together…

Author unknown…

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Really sorry about that Ricky. Putting down a dog is like losing a family member. Having been through that, I know how hard that was for you.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

RIP Roscoe.

Sorry 23 :frowning:

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

Sorry to hear that. My dog Lilly is on the same path and my parents are just waiting until I come home in a couple weeks.

Holes in our hearts will never be repaired here…

Ricky, I know your sorrow will be erased on the other side when you reunite with Roscoe.

Everything will be new again.

Thank you for telling us about your friend.

Lots of men have men understand what your going thru right now and like me,after a long look at your friend Roscoe sat quiet for a time reminiscing…
Sorry 23