RipTide Soft Plastics

RipTide soft plastics are the hot baits for fall fishing.

It is almost that time of year again. The temperature is starting to drop and the leaves will start changing colors. Next the redfish will begin schooling up on the shallow flats, but now the fall trout run is here in full swing. This is the time of year where I make the transition from mostly live baiting to artificial.

The last 2 weeks I have been working creek mouths, oyster beds, and drop offs with RipTide 3" mullet and RipTide inshore minnow. On murky water days the nite glow, and rootbeer gold flake colors have been producing good numbers of reds and trout. In the clear water the super ayu and smoke gold halo are working well. When the trout are biting it is not uncommon to get 20-40 in a couple of hours. I have been having the most luck two hours into the outgoing tide. Weekend football and knats have thinned the crowds out some. This has been the best year for trout that I can remember. Hopefully the majority of us are practicing catch and release, and the numbers will continue to rise. If you are going to keep some for dinner, try keeping some of the smaller fish, and toss some of those bigger roe trout back to help next years crop.

Tight lines
Captain John Ward - Affinity Charters