Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Columbia

I like my steak where a good Vet can have it back on its feet in five minutes!:wink:

ā€œEndeavor to Persevere.
Give,Giveā€¦ Never Take.ā€
EC

quote:
Originally posted by Happy Bob
quote:
Originally posted by JiNative888

Please please please whatever you do donā€™t order your steak anything past medium. I took a girlfriend there years ago and she ordered a $50 steak well done. Come to think of itā€¦we may have broken up that night. IMOā€¦if it ainā€™t mooingā€¦I ainā€™t chewing.

I like mine a good rare(a fast super hot sear on both sides & on to the plate) up to medium rare, & thatā€™s pushing it. My wife used to have hers well done and Iā€™ve finally got her to eating a medium steak. She will even eat it if itā€™s a little ā€œpinkerā€ than usual.

Now, if I could get her to stop putting ketchup on it!:frowning_face::dizzy_face:

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069
Custom Aluminum Fabrication

And if we ever have a steak dinner party and someone either A: asks for well done, or B: asks for A1 or ketchup to ruin itā€¦they are promptly stricken from any future parties.

When we cook steak its choice or prime meatā€¦not cube steakā€¦Ive never been so insulted in my life when someone squirts ketchup on a 30 dollar filetā€¦

EC

Some folks call it ketchup, I call it red Bearnaise, Mmm Hmmm.

ā€œWailordā€
1979 17ā€™ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by pescazorro

I like my steak where a good Vet can have it back on its feet in five minutes!:wink:

EC

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m talkinā€™ about! Iā€™ve been known to carve off a slice just before it goes on the grill. Just to munch on. A little salt & pepper, mmmmm.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069

quote:

I used to love a night out at an expensive steak house. My wife and I went to Oak a few months ago and I was disappointed considering the price I paid. Donā€™t get me wrong the steak was good but honestly I can cook the same thing on my cast iron for about $250 less.

I've never seen a steak worth $250. But, the experience and showing the wife that she IS worth $250 is what it's all about.

arent there better things to spend $250 on your wife to show your appreciation?? like, a vacuum, or something??

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

quote:

quote: Originally posted by JiNative888

I used to love a night out at an expensive steak house. My wife and I went to Oak a few months ago and I was disappointed considering the price I paid. Donā€™t get me wrong the steak was good but honestly I can cook the same thing on my cast iron for about $250 less.
Iā€™ve never seen a steak worth $250. But, the experience and showing the wife that she IS worth $250 is what itā€™s all about.

Especially nice when she tells you she had a wonderful time, but your steaks are better:

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

arent there better things to spend $250 on your wife to show your appreciation?? like, a vacuum, or something??

Proline 201WA

Good point.
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:

I've never seen a steak worth $250. But, the experience and showing the wife that she IS worth $250 is what it's all about.

I donā€™t mind paying a little extra money for a good meal I canā€™t cook like Fat Hen or Wild Olive. My wife agrees. She would rather eat steak at home with an expensive bottle of wine. Itā€™s like changing your oilā€¦sure I can pay Jiffy Lube $40 to change my oil but Iā€™d rather have the satisfaction of doing it myself and knowing Iā€™m getting the right oil and the job is done correctly.

quote:

I donā€™t mind paying a little extra money for a good meal I canā€™t cook like Fat Hen or Wild Olive. My wife agrees. She would rather eat steak at home with an expensive bottle of wine. Itā€™s like changing your oilā€¦sure I can pay Jiffy Lube $40 to change my oil but Iā€™d rather have the satisfaction of doing it myself and knowing Iā€™m getting the right oil and the job is done correctly.

Whatever keeps the wife happy. Everyone is different. My wife likes to go out to nice steak houses. She likes getting all dolled up, makeup, sexy dress, and be on a date night. We spend so much time in the house, it's nice to get out and away from the kids. In other words, it's not about the steak. It's about the experience.

Why would anyone go to a pub to pay $3 for a beer when they can drink PBR at home for 50 cents?

quote:
quote:

Whatever keeps the wife happy. Everyone is different. My wife likes to go out to nice steak houses. She likes getting all dolled up, makeup, sexy dress, and be on a date night. We spend so much time in the house, it's nice to get out and away from the kids. In other words, it's not about the steak. It's about the experience.

Why would anyone go to a pub to pay $3 for a beer when they can drink PBR at home for 50 cents?

I couldnā€™t agree more about the experience. Wonā€™t lie thoughā€¦having a few bourbons at The Coop at the Fat Hen while eating the rib is my idea of a perfect night.

quote:
quote:

I couldnā€™t agree more about the experience. Wonā€™t lie thoughā€¦having a few bourbons at The Coop at the Fat Hen while eating the rib is my idea of a perfect night.

quote:

Wonā€™t lie thoughā€¦having a few bourbons at The Coop at the Fat Hen while eating the rib is my idea of a perfect night.

That paints a beautiful picture in my mind... I might be running into you there in the near future...
quote:
quote:

Wonā€™t lie thoughā€¦having a few bourbons at The Coop at the Fat Hen while eating the rib is my idea of a perfect night.

That paints a beautiful picture in my mind... I might be running into you there in the near future...

X2

quote:
quote:

Itā€™s bourbon. having a few while eating a microwaved burrito in the 7-11 parking lot paints a beautiful picture.

quote:
Originally posted by pescazorro

EC

Try asking for Pittsburgh rare. Some steak houses will know about it.

I know Iā€™ve heard of Pittsburg rare, but donā€™t remember exactly what it is.

I know itā€™s all about the experience & showing the wife a good time, BUT, she could care less. Iā€™m the one who wanted to check it out one day. Sheā€™s happier with a pizza or a burger.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069

pittsburg rare is how i eat my steaks. super hot skillet, sear both sides real quick to blacken the outside, and thatā€™s itā€¦if you do it right, the very middle will still be cool

Proline 201WA

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

pittsburg rare is how i eat my steaks. super hot skillet, sear both sides real quick to blacken the outside, and thatā€™s itā€¦if you do it right, the very middle will still be cool

Proline 201WA

Sounds perfect! Thatā€™s the way I try to cook them at home.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

Itā€™s bourbon. having a few while eating a microwaved burrito in the 7-11 parking lot paints a beautiful picture.

Sometimes, your insight into my complex mind scares me a little... I often wonder if we were twins separated at birth.