Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Columbia

Yes Pittsburgh Rare, Well Seared with a crisp and mooing in the center. Oh what a wonderful thing

The RC downtown Charleston has some really great happy hour deals if you don’t mind eating early. One of the better happy hour deals I think, especially downtown.

Hey JI - I agree about the coop. Sitting outside on a nice evening with a little food and sipping some bourbon is tough to beat.

quote:
Originally posted by Steelwill

The RC downtown Charleston has some really great happy hour deals if you don’t mind eating early. One of the better happy hour deals I think, especially downtown.

Hey JI - I agree about the coop. Sitting outside on a nice evening with a little food and sipping some bourbon is tough to beat.

My wife and I have two little boys and date nights are pretty rare so we try and take advantage when we can. Typically we will try and hit three places for drinks and apps but always end up at the coop or the moose.

Outlets vary a little bit, but places like RC, Del Friscos, Capital Grille, etc all have the same sort of program:

-Dark, wood-paneled interior
-Very good service from well-trained waiters / waitresses
-Steak and Seafood options
-Serious cocktail and wine selection

Sides are big and should be shared, as mentioned above.

Butter is used extensively, more than you ever would at home. So yeah, stuff tastes good!

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

Hard to beat a place with well trained wait staff! Its a plesure going there. Can’t beat a very rare steak. My mothernlaw didn’t find this out till she was 90 and now wouldn’t eat any other way!

quote:
Originally posted by Native_Son

Outlets vary a little bit, but places like RC, Del Friscos, Capital Grille, etc all have the same sort of program:

Butter is used extensively, more than you ever would at home. So yeah, stuff tastes good!

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

The bone-in fillet at Del Frisco’s is legit!!!

Del Frisco’s was great but St. Elmo’s (Indianapolis) is my favorite steakhouse. Peter Luger’s is on my bucket list though.

“…be a man and PM me.”

It just seems to me that with the pricing at RC they could serve FRESH beef & seafood instead portion pac frozen !

The best place I ever dined was Fast Eddies in Tampa. as soon as you sat down they put a bucket full of fresh! cracked stone crab claws in front of you! And it got better from that!

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick
quote:
Originally posted by Native_Son

The bone-in fillet at Del Frisco’s is legit!!!

Del Frisco’s was great but St. Elmo’s (Indianapolis) is my favorite steakhouse. Peter Luger’s is on my bucket list though.

“…be a man and PM me.”

Never been to Peter Luger’s, but would love to. Cattleman’s Club In Pierre, South Dakota was a surprising gem. Chamberlain’s Steak & Chop House, Al Biernat’s, Pappas Bros. Steakhouse, are awesome if you are ever in Dallas. I’d say my best Prime rib other than what my nephew fixes was from Dickie Brennan’s Steakhouse in New Orlean.

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

It’s bourbon. having a few while eating a microwaved burrito in the 7-11 parking lot paints a beautiful picture.

Sometimes, your insight into my complex mind scares me a little... I often wonder if we were twins separated at birth.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”