San Bernardino shooting

If the cops need it, then I need it…

And here is why the cops need it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

Not to get off on a tangent here. But you are comparing a gun class to a gun model. The 10/22 is the top selling rifle in America. Comparing it to an AR 15 is not the same. Comparing it to a Smith and Wesson M&P would be.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I wasn’t comparing anything. I thought I differentiated between “selling” and “popular.” If we’re going to do the tangent thing, the Smith and Wesson “M&P” is a handgun. The Smith and Wesson M&P-15 is an AR, but whatever…

Earn it everyday

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet.

My apologies, you did. I think you knew what I meant by M & P.

I just feel an AR 15 style rifle doesn’t have any identity. I find some of them interesting, but in all, there are just way too many of them, and they all just blend together. Not very original anymore. Kind of like tattoos.

If I am going to drop $2k-$3k on a rifle, I would want it to be distinguishable from the $500 version at Wal-Mart. That’s all.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

The building where this terrorist attack happened was a “gun free zone”, as with the locations of almost all mass murders in the US.

Victims are the first responders. Cops are the second responders. If just one of the intended victims had been armed…just the threat of an armed victim may have deterred them from committing this attack.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

If the cops need it, then I need it…

And here is why the cops need it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

Do you also need an MRAP?

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

My apologies, you did. I think you knew what I meant by M & P.

I just feel an AR 15 style rifle doesn’t have any identity. I find some of them interesting, but in all, there are just way too many of them, and they all just blend together. Not very original anymore. Kind of like tattoos.

If I am going to drop $2k-$3k on a rifle, I would want it to be distinguishable from the $500 version at Wal-Mart. That’s all.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I respect your right to think that of the AR’s “identity” but as I stated, it is in fact the most popular rifle platform in the country today and if it didn’t have its own “identity,” it wouldn’t be singled out (assault rifle) as often as it is. Clearly it has its own "identity. Note that I’m not talking about how creative the AR is (even though you can get pretty creative with them) or how cutting they are. I’m simply talking about their popularity, which is undeniable.

Earn it everyday

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet.