San Bernardino shooting

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Tell me again why private citizens need AR-15’s?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Because they claim less lives than any other firearm in the USA making them the safest to own statistically.

Fritz, they are good for hunting. Great pig guns.
These mass shootings all have two things in common and it’s not problems we can easily fix. It’s crazy and stupid people! Often both intertwine as in the stupid mom who thought it was a good idea to have shooting as an outlet for her crazy ass son. Or it’s the stupid friend who allows access to his gun closet by a crazy friend dressed as the joker. Or, in this case, where it appears a stupid person was easily manipulated by a crazy *****.
Either way , its simple in the fact that we are not going to be able to prevent all these types of things from happening. But, there is something that could have been done that would have hindered these crazy, stupid people. LOCK YOUR GUNS UP!!! The best way for you to personally restrict guns from being used in violence is to first keep yours locked up!!! It may save the life of a loved one, or it might save a theatre full of people.

“Those who have the ability to make a difference have the responsibility to do so.” Thomas Jefferson

quote:

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

To help protect you in case ISIS attacks Charleston. Zombie outbreak. Stress reliever. Because every one of us still has a kid in him that wants to be like Rambo.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Tell me again why private citizens need AR-15's?

Why do private citizens need:

-a car that will go over 100 mph
-a boat that will go over 50 mph
-a 5,000 sf house
-200 TV channels
-$20,000 watches
-a 30’ boat when a 20’er will do
-a $60,000 jacked up truck that never sees mud or pulls anything

Because this is America.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:

Really Fritz? If I was going to shoot some one I’d use my custom hunting rifle over the AR. Not much body armor would stop it and if it did the trama would do the job.

This is America and to own an AR is a privilege of living in the best country in the World.

If you want to take that path why own an AK47, M14, … ooohhh how about a Heckler & Koch HK416? Man I’d love one of those.

Starting a ban on Any gun is the path to ban all guns.

quote:
This is America and to own an AR is a privilege of living in the best country in the World.

X2. I don’t have one one, I don’t even want one, but I want to be able to if I change my mind :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by tanksgt

I know what you mean DF. The wife and I carry almost all the time. I have also gotten into the habit of watching people. I watch them very intently. What are they doing, what are they doing with their hands? Why is that person sitting in a car with the window down and the engine running? When I am in a store I LOOK at each person I encounter. I suppose a srink could have a field day with me and yes I know I am describing paranoia, but I think we all need to be more observant and afraid-- very afraid.

ZX

Situational awareness. This is more useful than any weapon. (Not that I am against weapons.)

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom
quote:
Tell me again why private citizens need AR-15's?

Why do private citizens need:

-a car that will go over 100 mph
-a boat that will go over 50 mph
-a 5,000 sf house
-200 TV channels
-$20,000 watches
-a 30’ boat when a 20’er will do
-a $60,000 jacked up truck that never sees mud or pulls anything

Because this is America.

God bless America.

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:

Because AR-16s aren’t available.

Okay Easy and Pea, keep it up and I promise I’ll turn Mrs. Freedom loose on the both of you. You do NOT want that!

quote:
Situational awareness. This is more useful than any weapon.

Absolutely. Your brain is the most useful weapon that you have. The best way to win a fight is to see it coming and avoid it completely. Disrupt the time line. The street isn’t combat and the primary goal is just for you and yours to survive the situation, not to be a Rambo.

quote:
Hell Larry, do like DF does! Slap the wife on the ass and tell her to get in the kitchen and make you a samich! You above all people should get a good one, after all, she is Greek

If you’d ever seen my wife shoot, you wouldn’t do that :face_with_head_bandage: Greeks have an attitude. I don’t tell her anything, I ask her politely. Even that might not work. Sometimes I make the samich:smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by SurfFishLife
quote:

Because AR-16s aren’t available.

AR-10s are available and much more fun to shoot.... if you can afford it.

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats

quote:

Yeah, Obozo is this generation’s Neville Chamberlain.

But not stupid like Bush “lets send 20,000 troops” It did not work well did it??

and patient enough that now Russia, France , Great britain and germany have signed on to the problem.
we need to get the saudis off their behinds .
us should not be the “lead” against isis

quote:
Originally posted by edwardh1
quote:

Yeah, Obozo is this generation’s Neville Chamberlain.

But not stupid like Bush “lets send 20,000 troops” It did not work well did it??

and patient enough that now Russia, France , Great britain and germany have signed on to the problem.
we need to get the saudis off their behinds .
us should not be the “lead” against isis

It's sad to see this. Should we, as the most powerful country in the world, ignore a cancer until someone else steps up to take care of it? When things are left to fester, they are much harder to fix than if you had you taken care of/prevented it in the first place. It was withdrawing the "stupid" amount of troops (that were needed to force and ensure a change) and ignoring the threat of that void that allowed ISIS to thrive. The only reason the Syrian refugee influx is happening is because of ISIS. ISIS has turned their entire country into a world war target that they can't escape.
quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

that was Churchill, not Chamberlain…bunch of amateurs…

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/w/winstonchu108948.html#qLT4IjW3smPsbDI0.99

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

You guys listen to James McMurtry? He’s got a song called “Red Dress” that references that quote. Not sure what type of music you all like, but I think he is one of the best songwriters around and his dad isn’t a bad writer.

quote:

While I think this comment was nothing more than a deep reach into the pot with a stirring stick, and I know you shouldn’t answer a question with a question but…Why should a private citizen not be allowed to own an AR-15?

An AR-15 is nothing more than a semi-automatic rifle…just like a Ruger 10/22. Should private citizens not be allowed to have 10/22s? A 10/22 could be equally as vilified if it were used in mass shootings, all black, with a high capacity magazine. Would the question then be “why should a private citizen need a 10/22?”

Also, I don’t understand the term “private citizen” as it relates to the AR-15. Is this to somehow imply the AR-15 is a military weapon? I hope not because if that is the case, it is incorrect. There’s not one single member of our armed forces anywhere in the world that has ever been issued and/or deployed with an AR-15. The AR-15 was designed for the “private citizen.”

Earn it everyday

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet.

quote:
Originally posted by Erdman
quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

that was Churchill, not Chamberlain…bunch of amateurs…

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/w/winstonchu108948.html#qLT4IjW3smPsbDI0.99

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

You guys listen to James McMurtry? He’s got a song called “Red Dress” that references that quote. Not sure what type of music you all like, but I think he is one of the best songwriters around and his dad isn’t a bad writer.

so erdman… who u an alias for?

quote:
Originally posted by archer
quote:

While I think this comment was nothing more than a deep reach into the pot with a stirring stick, and I know you shouldn’t answer a question with a question but…Why should a private citizen not be allowed to own an AR-15?

An AR-15 is nothing more than a semi-automatic rifle…just like a Ruger 10/22. Should private citizens not be allowed to have 10/22s? A 10/22 could be equally as vilified if it were used in mass shootings, all black, with a high capacity magazine. Would the question then be “why should a private citizen need a 10/22?”

Also, I don’t understand the term “private citizen” as it relates to the AR-15. Is this to somehow imply the AR-15 is a military weapon? I hope not because if that is the case, it is incorrect. There’s not one single member of our armed forces anywhere in the world that has ever been issued and/or deployed with an AR-15. The AR-15 was designed for the “private citizen.”

Earn it everyday

bet a nickle you won’t hear from fritzie. I have a few 25,30, & 50 round clips for my 10/22. I’ll bet that same nickle that a rugar 10/22 is the most popular semi auto in America.

so erdman… who u an alias for?
[/quote]

No alias here, can’t new guys have fun too?

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67
quote:
Originally posted by archer
quote:

Earn it everyday

bet a nickle you won’t hear from fritzie. I have a few 25,30, & 50 round clips for my 10/22. I’ll bet that same nickle that a rugar 10/22