Says it all!

Yes it does.Makes me humble at the sight.

Agreed.

Would have been a more genuine without the photoshopped ABE…

RBF

I’m classy 2% of the time…

And, I hope your Brother’s El Camino runs forever…

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

Agreed.

Would have been a more genuine without the photoshopped ABE…

RBF

People who understand the Eagle don’t mind that it could have been photo shopped. I think the Eagle kind brings home the true meaning of ultimate sacrifice that so many will never understand.

Thanks Easy, and you are right. The photo needs no words, it says it all.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by sophish

Yes it does.Makes me humble at the sight.

Sho’ 'nuff. Very cool picture, regardless of editing.

While we’re on the subject, I wanna say THANK YOU to Easy, CL, Gail, Sellsfish, and all the others on here who’ve served our country. Drinks are on me if we ever cross paths.

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

No reason to thank me Scott. This weekend is for remembering the ones who didn’t come home, not those who did. This is my least favorite holiday of the year and I usually spend most the weekend crying. I remember too many people and events that I wish I could forget.

Please, nobody else tell me Happy Memorial Day. It’s not a day that I can be happy about. Save it for New Year. What the hell is wrong with people?

I’m going to spend the weekend refinishing some old Vietnam era M14 rifle stocks and give them to a few friends who came home. The military ordered these with no concern to fit and finish, only with one purpose in mind. As I spend hours sanding and rubbing them, I think about the men they were made for.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

No reason to thank me Scott. This weekend is for remembering the ones who didn’t come home, not those who did. This is my least favorite holiday of the year and I usually spend most the weekend crying. I remember too many people and events that I wish I could forget.

Please, nobody else tell me Happy Memorial Day. It’s not a day that I can be happy about. Save it for New Year. What the hell is wrong with people?

I’m going to spend the weekend refinishing some old Vietnam era M14 rifle stocks and give them to a few friends who came home. The military ordered these with no concern to fit and finish, only with one purpose in mind. As I spend hours sanding and rubbing them, I think about the men they were made for.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Amen CL. I am not a Vet, but appreciate everything our Military folks have done!

However, when I see a picture such as this… I feel sad, not proud…

RBF

quote:
However, when I see a picture such as this... I feel sad, not proud...

Me too. Too many lives wasted, too little gained. Good men led by poor leaders. Too many gave all. For nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydWhRObVxrM

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
quote:
However, when I see a picture such as this... I feel sad, not proud...

Me too. Too many lives wasted, too little gained. Good men led by poor leaders. Too many gave all. For nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydWhRObVxrM

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

You and I think alike. I was going to say something very similar in my previous post but removed it due to me not being a Vet and felt it wouldn’t be received well… But, you can say it because you were there…

You said not to say thank you to you and I will respect your wishes… However, I will say we all owe you one…

RBF

Nobody owes me crap. I accomplished nothing. And don’t ask me what I’m BBQing for Memorial Day either. When I think that, I think of Memorial Day 1972, at a forward firebase somewhere way up the A Shau Valley in Indian country and getting over run by VC. Running my M14 so hot that the stock caught on fire, pick up my dead buddies rifle and do it again. Napalm and fire bombs and the smell of BBQ buddies won’t leave my brain. We started that day with 112 men, at the end there were 17 of us left, and almost 1,000 dead VC scattered around and hanging on our wires, smelled real good. But our flag was still flying. I’ll make a cheese sandwich, or eat nothing on Memorial Day. Probably nothing at all.

And where is our POS POTUS this weekend? Selling arms to the Communist Vietnamese and apologizing to the Japanese, and putting wreaths on their graves. He should be home, putting wreaths on the graves of our men at Arlington instead.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:

Nobody owes me crap. I accomplished nothing. And don’t ask me what I’m BBQing for Memorial Day either. When I think that, I think of Memorial Day 1972, at a forward firebase somewhere way up the A Shau Valley in Indian country and getting over run by VC. Running my M14 so hot that the stock caught on fire, pick up my dead buddies rifle and do it again. Napalm and fire bombs and the smell of BBQ buddies won’t leave my brain. We started that day with 112 men, at the end there were 17 of us left, and our flag was still flying. I’ll make a cheese sandwich, or eat nothing on Memorial Day. Probably nothing at all.

And where is our POS POTUS this weekend? Selling arms to the Communist Vietnamese and apologizing to the Japanese, and putting wreaths on their graves. He should be home, putting wreaths on the graves of our men at Arlington instead.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Well, after reading this, my humble weekend menu will consist of wheat soda and chex mix…

RBF

quote:

Nobody owes me crap. I accomplished nothing. And don’t ask me what I’m BBQing for Memorial Day either. When I think that, I think of Memorial Day 1972, at a forward firebase somewhere way up the A Shau Valley in Indian country and getting over run by VC. Running my M14 so hot that the stock caught on fire, pick up my dead buddies rifle and do it again. Napalm and fire bombs and the smell of BBQ buddies won’t leave my brain. We started that day with 112 men, at the end there were 17 of us left, and almost 1,000 dead VC scattered around and hanging on our wires, smelled real good. But our flag was still flying. I’ll make a cheese sandwich, or eat nothing on Memorial Day. Probably nothing at all.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

My Dad’s 83 and fought in Korea and Vietnam. Bronze star, three purple hearts and some other crap. Just got through talking with him. He feels the same as you. Agent Orange really messed him up. Gave him 5 years to live in 1982. Tuff Man. I remember him waking up screaming years ago. Our Government put him and many others like yourself through Hell#. Vietnam was a political F@#k over.

Chin Up Larry! You did what you were asked to do for your Country! Thanks to all our Service members! If not for Them we would be speaking German right now or never existed because our Parents didn’t fit Hitlers “mold”. I’d say you and I are a lot alike. I’ve been working on An M-1 carbine with memories tied to it my father-in-law Gave to me. He also is a highly decorated veteran and survivor of a

Thanks Fred and RBF. My Dad spent 4 years in Europe in WWII, from before D Day until VE Day, 4 years or so straight! Living in a tent or a mud trench. No go home, no email, no online skype chats every day with family. They seldom even got paper mail. They left to do what needed doing and they did it. He would be 94 if he were still alive. His brother spent 4 years in the Pacific theater during the same time period, from Iwa Jima until VJ Day. He’s 92 and still alive in an assisted living home in Savannah. We talk often. My stories don’t even compare to his tales and pictures of the fighting in the Philippines.

Those men were tough, and back then warriors and real leaders ran the war, not politicians and the media. We haven’t really won a war since WWII. Korea is still a standoff and we barely hold the DMZ after 65 years of being there. When I first saw a picture of Hanoi Jane on the news sitting on a NV artillery piece, I knew this country was done and it was time for me to come home. We won almost every fight, 10/1, and we gave it all away and ran home.

And now we’re raising a nation of @/&&!/$ who would have never won WWII, or much more than a video game. God help us. Raise your children well and tough. We’re going to need them.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Larry, thanks for your service. Was Jimmy Teuton your brother?

Thanks,
NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Jimmy Teuton is my uncle, my Dad’s brother, and still alive in an assisted living facility in Savannah. He’s 92 and I still think he could kick my azz, and I’d be very comfortable with him covering my 6. Do you know him? That generation was tougher than mine and much tougher than kids today.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
I'm going to spend the weekend refinishing some old Vietnam era M14 rifle stocks and give them to a few friends who came home. The military ordered these with no concern to fit and finish, only with one purpose in mind. As I spend hours sanding and rubbing them, I think about the men they were made for.

Follow up. Dang I don’t know what they originally finished these stocks with, looks like maybe they boiled them in linseed oil for a week, black and sticky, then add 50 years of grime and mold. It’s a bear to strip it down but I’m getting there. One of them anyway. Thought I might could finish 3 this weekend. Nope. I might finish one. Maybe not. Doesn’t matter.

Under all that black funk there is some beautiful walnut and birch, just waiting to be treated right.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

quote:

Jimmy Teuton is my uncle, my Dad’s brother, and still alive in an assisted living facility in Savannah. He’s 92 and I still think he could kick my azz, and I’d be very comfortable with him covering my 6. Do you know him? That generation was tougher than mine and much tougher than kids today.

Don’t know him. The bride knows many of your family and I know some.

Wanna come meet ya.

Thanks,
NN

www.joinrfa.org/

A positive message on a horrible theater event…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh1m0eC1004

Cracker, never met you, but all I can say is I love you… You are a good guy… How each and everyone of us has to get past the pain, well, that is personal…

Still on the wheat soda and chex mix solution…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth
quote:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Amen CL. I am not a Vet, but appreciate everything our Military folks have done!

However, when I see a picture such as this… I feel sad, not proud…

RBF

I can obviously understand the sadness associated with this holiday, as the purpose of the holiday is to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice to their country.

However, I’d be lying if I said pride doesn’t surface at some point in regard to our fallen. I’m proud that the good Lord saw fit to allow me to be born and live in the greatest country this world has ever known, which is due largely to our vets.

And Larry, I sincerely believe that the emotions that you and so many of our vets