SCIENCE Series #1: Existence?

Okay folks, it’s time we had an interesting thread. You can only talk about Billery and Trumpet for so long before you realize that there has to be more to life than that… In this thread, I would like to cover a very deep topic. A topic for which I have some pretty serious thoughts about which, essentially are going to make me look insane to a “normal” person. I have my OWN feelings on this topic which I will share at some point, but I don’t want to steer any opinions (yet). I want to see some genuine ideas.

Actually, this is going to be a series. We have a lot to cover and as I started typing this, I realized that I can’t put it all in one post as I have enough thoughts about it to fill a small book.

So, let’s start topic #1.

Here is the background… Modern science only scratches the surface of the human brain and\or what it means to be “conscious”. Take the miracle of vision for a second. Essentially you have millions of tiny receptors in the eye which send impulses over a million+ nerve fibers to the brain. By the time they get to the brain, there is just “data” that the brain then renders into an IMAGE that you can process (by some other part of the brain we call our “consciousness”). In addition, we know that something like “feeling” (i.e. touch, pain, etc) work in a similar fashion. When an object comes into contact with our nerve endings (say on our skin), it sends impulses to the brain in which the brain gives you a sense of “feeling”. Again, this is a simulated understanding of your environment. Theoretically, you could intercept these signals and re-route them so that anything “painful” might be felt as “pleasurable” even though the stimulus did not change.

These phenomenon show that the brain is an incredibly powerful super computer that’s capable of taking low level inputs at a subconscious level and literally rendering a 3D world around you attaching feelings, emotions, pain, etc to support a higher conscious level.

So, if the brain, can simulate\render all of that, wh

This is too complex for RBF… He’s been drinking too much dark liquor and needs to take a dump… Maybe RBF can send it to Fred67 to verify whether RBF is a liar…

RBF

“Make America Sane Again.”

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

This is too complex for RBF… He’s been drinking too much dark liquor and needs to take a dump… Maybe RBF can send it to Fred67 to verify whether RBF is a liar…

RBF

I've actually experienced your future already... Two things will happen... 1) You will respond with some intelligible responses later today... And 2) You will wonder why you eat corn in the first place... Mark my words!!!
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

RBF

I've actually experienced your future already... Two things will happen... 1) You will respond with some intelligible responses later today... And 2) You will wonder why you eat corn in the first place... Mark my words!!!

Well, of course you know RBF’s words, they’re your own… You gotta pick up on your Alice game…

RBF

Me thinks you all are suffering from that brain eating amoebe or what ever it’s called;; is it contagious???

[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

quote:
Originally posted by gail wins

Me thinks you all are suffering from that brain eating amoebe or what ever it’s called;; is it contagious???

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Stay with me here gail wins... These topics are just building up to where I will attempt to prove to you that alternate dimensions exist and how you can see them...
quote:
Originally posted by gail wins

author unknown

False… RBF has no brain…

RBF

Let me guess… you are retired and the kids are out of the house now so you spend all your time staying up at night smoking pot and watching the SyFy channel. I know this because i had similar thoughts in my late teen years before i got a job and family.

quote:
Originally posted by areeldrag

Let me guess… you are retired and the kids are out of the house now so you spend all your time staying up at night smoking pot and watching the SyFy channel. I know this because i had similar thoughts in my late teen years before i got a job and family.

Nope. Way off actually.
quote:

He just has a lot of time on his hands, and nearly 18,000 posts. If the kids are down and don't need a diaper change, then watch out. Staying up late and smoking grass don't mix, most folks fall asleep.
quote:
Originally posted by poly ball
quote:

He just has a lot of time on his hands, and nearly 18,000 posts. If the kids are down and don't need a diaper change, then watch out. Staying up late and smoking grass don't mix, most folks fall asleep.
18,000 posts over 15 years. Only 3 per day. Don't get too excited.

Okay, I tried. Looks like we can only handle talking about Hillary and Trump around these parts. Please continue. I don’t want to interrupt so much FUN!!!

quote:
quote:
quote:

18,000 posts over 15 years. Only 3 per day. Don't get too excited.
not getting excited, only laughing.

Isn’t this Elon Musk’s theory? That its not too unlikely we’re living in a simulation?

quote:

not getting excited, only laughing.

Good for you. That's exciting.
quote:
Originally posted by Edistodaniel

Isn’t this Elon Musk’s theory? That its not too unlikely we’re living in a simulation?

I haven't heard him speak, but I do know that there are several proponents of "simulation theory" out there, so it's quite possible that much of what I am saying lines up with what he says... That being said, I gave at least two examples there: 1) The "simulation" comes from within your own mind, and 2) The simulation comes from an external being (alien, advanced human, God, etc). I haven't studied up on those guys, but I think that they tend to explain their theory as #2.

First we need to set a base line and confirm what you feel is a “normal” person.

Secondly, anything anyone else posts that disagrees with the direction you are taking this will be wrong.

Lastly the answer is “Faith”.</font id=“size4”></font id=“red”> You’ll get there and lose those hot tub dreams. :smiley:

on closing, I don’t know if RBF is a liar or not. :question: I do know that RBF stated in several posts that he IS a liar and not to believe anything he says. Rather odd, I think.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by Fred67

Secondly, anything anyone else posts that disagrees with the direction you are taking this will be wrong.

That’s very negative of you to say… You are only wrong if you are wrong… It’s also curious as to why you think this needs to be said on this thread. Can we not have a discussion without you bringing baggage from another thread? Is it that you just like to argue?

quote:
Lastly the answer is "Faith". You'll get there and lose those hot tub dreams. :smiley:
You are jumping to conclusions, and we haven't even finished page #1. How do you know that I am not talking about faith? I said this was a "series". All science points to God. Science and God are NOT mutually exclusive as many would like to believe. How do you know that I am not "there" (as in faith)? And you are definitely wrong that people with faith can't have "hot tub dreams". The life of the Christian is a battle with the flesh... I have faith... You say that I like to argue, but it's you who are the one who has a selective memory to the point where I question your honesty about what you actually recollect.

Have I hurt your feelings in the past to where you can’t get yourself into a positive mental state in order to have an alternate discussion? If so, I apologize.

quote:

First we need to set a base line and confirm what you feel is a “normal” person.

Lastly the answer is “Faith”.</font id=“size4”></font id=“red”> You’ll get there and lose those hot tub dreams. :smiley:

on closing, I don’t know if RBF is a liar or not. :question: I do know that RBF stated in several posts that he IS a liar and not to believe anything he says. Rather odd, I think.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

RBF

quote:
quote:

That’s very negative of you to say… You are only wrong if you are wrong… It’s also curious as to why you think this needs to be said on this thread. Can we not have a discussion without you bringing baggage from another thread? Is it that you just like to argue?

quote:
Lastly the answer is "Faith". You'll get there and lose those hot tub dreams. :smiley:
You are jumping to conclusions, and we haven't even finished page #1. How do you know that I am not talking about faith? I said this was a "series". All science points to God. Science and God are NOT mutually exclusive as many would like to believe. How do you know that I am not "there" (as in faith)? And you are definitely wrong that people with faith can't have "hot tub dreams". The life of the Christian is a battle with the flesh... I have faith... You say that I like to argue, but it's you who are the one who has a selective memory to the point where I question your honesty about what you actually recollect.

Have I hurt your feelings in the past to where you can’t get yourself into a positive mental state in order to have an alternate discussion? If so, I apologize.

SJ, or me, or whoever yo