Seafood Restaurants

This question has been asked before but please indulge me. My sister has some friends coming from out of state this weekend and they’re going to Charleston for a couple of days. They are interested in seafood (not Hyman’s). We really don’t eat out a lot when we are down there so, I would appreciate a few suggestions for some places in which to get a good seafood dinner.

Thanks

Fleet Landing
Hanks
Coast
Rue deJean
Bowens Island
Paiges Okra Grill

I used to think Roadside Seafood was good but, sad to say,last few times it was very greasy.

j

Fleet Landing is great, great atmosphere too. For a more formal place, Hall’s is fantastic.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Don’t forget the free hugs at Halls

Darling Oyster
The Ordinary

We had dinner with friends who made reservation at SNOB sunday night. I havent been there for years, kinda thought it was just a tourist spot, but the atmosphere sunday was very nice, not crazy and my wife thought the flounder was awesome. My buddy and i had the rack of lamb, never seen so much lamb on a plate, and it was amazing.

Not a seafood restaurant but we love Obstinate daughter on Sullivans, usually have 2 or 3 fish choices.

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

This question has been asked before but please indulge me. My sister has some friends coming from out of state this weekend and they’re going to Charleston for a couple of days. They are interested in seafood (not Hyman’s). We really don’t eat out a lot when we are down there so, I would appreciate a few suggestions for some places in which to get a good seafood dinner.

Thanks

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

www.longislandcafesc.com/

Been around since 1986,excellent seafood, laid back atmosphere. Only 2 places my 80 yr old parents eat out, this is one of them.

Acme LowCountry Grill on IoP. I send people there all the time and they all rave about it. Many say the best they have had while staying in Chs. They don’t give food away, but it ain’t downtown pricey. Good portions too. To the best of their ability - everything local, everything fresh

Hope that means, they are putting your Sister in charge!

CAPT. D’S ( RIVERS AVE )

“…be a man and PM me.”

quote:
Originally posted by Hoppy

Acme LowCountry Grill on IoP. I send people there all the time and they all rave about it. Many say the best they have had while staying in Chs. They don’t give food away, but it ain’t downtown pricey. Good portions too. To the best of their ability - everything local, everything fresh

This for sure, we have friends who think its the best shrimp and grits in town. Love their Bloody marys as well,

I’d throw in another vote for The Ordinary, Hank’s and Fleet Landing.

“…be a man and PM me.”

The Wreck, Seewee restaurant, or Grahams in Mclellanville.

Thanks folks, that should give her enough options to work with. Of all of those, I’ve only been to Fleet. Nice view, I enjoyed it.

Easy, if my sister is involved, SHE put herself in charge.

The Darling does $1 oysters at happy hour…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

DF, that was aimed at Bolbie!/Robert/Poly Balless!

OH, my bad, I can’t see anything he posts. Thought you might have known my sister.

Don’t know about the Wreck, but Salty nailed on Seewee and Grahams.

Ellis Creek Fish Camp on JI is extremely good, pricey though. Amazing views and low key

There is no substitute for hard work-Thomas A Edison

Bowens Island