shark fishing

I would like to take my neighbor fishing for sharks off the beach. He has never caught a shark. What month do you recommend?

Mrs. Fisherman July and August are pretty good months to give it a shot. Read up on rigging, try to fish with no people around swimming and such. Night time is good because no one is out. Shark fishing gets banned on allot of beaches because folks get scared ,so like I said do it at night or where very few people are that is a legal beach. Catching one is only half the battle. Have the proper equipment and sufficient people to release the catch quickly. Have adequate poles and reels to not prolong battles. A big de-hooker, pliers, and bolt cutters to cut the hook if need be, to get them back quick. Don’t drag fish far from water, even better to leave them slightly in it. Have your hook removal stuff or phone for a picture ready to roll in a bag before you need them for fast retrieval of items and again work calmly and quickly to get them back as quick as possible. Be careful they bite:+1:

It depends what shark your trying to catch. Spring and fall it is easier to catch a bigger shark, but in summer you catch a lot of small ones. In my opinion September is the best month to shark fish if your casting of the beach. Sunset till about 11 at night is the best time to go.

I was hoping you were going to come along and help this person out, I didn’t want to leave them hanging. Hope all is well 40. 40 when they going to open our beaches back up. If the Governor follows the suggested guidelines I believe they ask for a 2 week decline, if I’m not mistaken. I think we are in the plateau last I looked. Good time to get ready and organized.

thanks guys I have plenty of shark fishing from the beach. Just qa little north of here. I have caught several Brown/Dusky sharks over 100 pounds. Several times I have been spooled 450 yards of 30 pound braid. Just could not stop that first run. Any how, thanks for the info.
Mary