Shopping Season

Most of you have heard the recent campaigns to “buy local” being advertised as we head toward Christmas this year. Local businesses have worked together to make sure people are aware of the importance of local companies to the overall economic health of the Charleston area. Over the years I’ve had the opportunity to meet many of our local owners. Being one of the owners of CharlestonFishing.Com, I’ve been able to get to know many of the owners and have come to realize just how intertwined they are in our local communities.

When you think of local tackle shops, boat dealers and related marine businesses, you immediately think about the fact that they sponsor tournaments and other fishing related events. While these companies give thousands of dollars a year to tournament sponsorships and other related activities, they also give much to other causes within our community. Many of them give time and money to charities, medical causes and all sorts of other things that are not fishing related. They are invested in our communities because they are a part of our communities and each time you spend your money with them, you are spending money on your community.

This year when you are looking for that perfect gift for the angler or boater in your family, think about going to one of our local stores. If you are not sure what that person may need or want for Christmas, go by one of our local stores and I guarantee that you will find someone that will be more than happy to help you make that decision and provide some excellent recommendations. Unlike the big box store that is not necessarily dependent on your shopping experience, local businesses understand that a happy customer is a returning customer and they will try to make sure that they do everything they can to help you with good information and a great shopping experience.

Andy Pickett
CharlestonFishing.Com
</font id=“blue”>