Should Have Been Here Yesterday

This past week I was able to get out and enjoy one of my favorite fishing seasons in the lowcountry. The morning started a little slow at least compared to my expectations. I really was thinking we would encounter an aggressive top-water bite, but found no takers not even a single blow up. I knew the area normally held fish and have had some really good success over the years, but did not have any takers. I switched over to fishing a paddle tail grub and caught one trout. I worked the area over pretty well and decided it was time to move on.

We made out way to spot number two, which produced no fish and then on to spot number three with no luck. I was beginning to get the feeling that all of the good reports I had been reading were going to have me hearing, “you should have been here yesterday”. You all know what I am talking about. You go by the tackle shop and the guys tell you, “not sure how today will be, but the fishing was on fire yesterday”. Thankfully the fourth, fifth and sixth spots were the charm and we ended up catching some really nice trout and a redfish as well.

Next time you hit the water make sure you stay persistent. I don’t know how many times over the years I’ve heard,“you should have been here yesterday” directed at me, but I can tell you I will not let it keep me from going fishing. With all of the kid’s activities and the busy schedule we keep these days, the best time for me to go fishing is, when I can.

Andy Pickett
CharlestonFishing.Com
</font id=“blue”>