Shrimping Morgan / Pelican Bank / Combahee banks

I stay south most of Beaufort most time to shrimp. Like Lands end, PP and Greys hill at Whale Branch. I want to try some new spots and I need your help.
I want to try: Shrimping Morgan / Pelican Bank / Combahee </font id=“blue”>

1. To get to this area is Eddings point landing the right ramp?
  2. Can I do it with just a good depth sounder? No-GPS
  3. With is being sutch a low water tideal flatt, Will the day time work?
  4. with the sholing that is so well known for St Helna sound. Anybody have any dangerous spots </font id=“red”> to steer me awayfrom? I dont want to use SeaTow unless I have to.
    Any help I would be greatful.
    I want to catch some shrimp. I only caught 50 Qrt last season. This is only my second year. I am down to 8 poles. Thanks again.

16’ McKee-Craft 90-hp Johnson. Fast dry and un-sinkable

!. You may want to try the public ramp near the Harbor Island bridge.
2. Yes you can, but a GPS can make the trip safer and more productive.
3. Yes, try it on the incomming tide.
4. Saint Helena sound is FULL of sand bars and mud flats. Number 2 above.

Bottom line, make your first trip at low tide. You can see the bars and if or should I say when you get stuck you can float off on the rise of the tide.

Good luck!

ZX

Capt Curt,

I would use the Eddings Point landing. Without a chart or GPS I would go right on Morgan, left at Parrot Creek, and then right on the Coosaw River. It’s a longer trip but will help you avoid the mud flats and sandbars.

I Was hoping to go here o this map. I think it may be better to do in the daytime? I need a good Chart plotter. If fact if you no anybody looking for a good trade. I have 2 FAT155 12V deep cycle batts that go for $450- each I would be willing to trade. Great for flounder batts. They just need to charge them slowley. Let me know. Thanks for the help on the map also.

]

Jenkins Creek is to the left, where the 5 is. That’s where you will be going into the Morgan. Eddings Point Landing is actually on Jenkins Creek.

quote:
Originally posted by Swansea

Jenkins Creek is to the left, where the 5 is. That’s where you will be going into the Morgan. Eddings Point Landing is actually on Jenkins Creek.

Got it. :wink:

Ya - that purple line is not right. The creek up by your #5 is Jenkins.

Best way to Morgan Is is from Eddings Pt landing on Jenkins Cr.

Best way to Pellican Bank is out of Butches Landing on Ward Cr.and go out Harbor River to the sound. I would suggest ocean side point off Morgan as a better choice.

Best was to Combahee Banks id out of Bennetts Point landing and come down the Ashepoo.

There are mud bars on low tide but, a big wind and rough water would be your biggest concern. A fog at night at any of these - you better have your GPS on!:imp:

J Ford

http://www.joinrfa.com/

thanks jford

I need a good Chart plotter. If fact if you no anybody looking for a good trade. I have 2 FAT155 12V deep cycle batts that go for $450- each I would be willing to trade. Great for flounder batts. They just need to charge them slowley. Let me know.

I don’t go there that often but did well last weekend. I put in at Bennetts Point. When you come out into the Sound keep going to straigth for about 500 yards and you will see a green channel marker. Set up about 75 yards back toward Point 4 on the map and you should be on a mud flat. You be in about 10 to 12 feet of water at high tide. Look at the wind predictions. No protection from the wind out there in the Sound. It got rough last Saturday afternoon.

Hope this helps

Thanks