Solar Eclipse - August 21

It’s crazy how different people get excited about things. My wife thought it was nothing to get excited about and was actually joking with all of us, while some of the others were getting a bit emotional. Different strokes for different folks.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Where are the 1million people’s who were coming?

Polyball is right. Over hyped

Good warmup for the news people so they can hype the next hurricane

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Where are the 1million people’s who were coming?

The parking lots of all the McDonalds, Burger King and both truck stops near work were full of tailgaters about an hour before it started. Was the craziest thing I’ve ever seen.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:

Polyball is right. Over hyped

Good warmup for the news people so they can hype the next hurricane

Im not sure until I hear from sman.

i’m worried about him. i fear he took drunk

I agree with peapod and poly.

may not have been a million, but the traffic going out of town after it was over, on 17 south was backed up MILES!
Florida, Georgia and other license plates all heading south!! It took me over 2 hrs to get home at around 4pm.

I was in Bishopville and Camden in the morning and both were full of cars with NC tags.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

That explains it. I was in Hilton Head and there were Ohio plates everywhere.

When are there not Ohio tags everywhere on Hilton Head?

quote:
Originally posted by mckee16

I was thinking the same thing! :smiley: I’m so glad I don’t have to work that area anymore. As I get older I really hate traffic and crowds. Had a belly full of hype over this event. I enjoyed it, and had some good beverage and food not long after it and a great nights sleep, but glad it’s over now.

Should have stayed home. Daughter said the Guineas and chickens went to roost. She didn’t much of a view… none of a view do to the rain storm just some dark.

“Why Bruce?”

quote:
Originally posted by mckee16

You and Fred are sharp as a tack.

quote:

I’ll take “things sober people don’t type” for $300 Alex

Screw it! I missed it, taking a nap! Have to catch it when it comes on TV, or happens again! Darn Pee, why didn’t you call me and wake me up! It’s your fault, I have to wait for it again!

quote:
quote:

I’ll take “things sober people don’t type” for $300 Alex

They dont have $300. Its either 2 or 4. Im not drinkin yet.

Hey Pea, I promised my wife I wouldn’t drink tonight. I got a big day at Home Depot tomorrow,you know maybe check out some flooring.Hopefully have time for bed ,bath and beyond.

quote:
Originally posted by sman

Hey Pea, I promised my wife I wouldn’t drink tonight. I got a big day at Home Depot tomorrow,you know maybe check out some flooring.Hopefully have time for bed ,bath and beyond.

don’t forget your 20% off cuepin for BBB sman. protip.

also, Easy, I called your landline. your ole lady said you refused to get outta be that hole day.

I was trying to drive down 77 on Fancy Gap mountain and so many people had pulled off the road that it was impossible to get down the road. The only choice was to stop and look at it with them. It was partial - became not quite dark - like a very dark cloud overhead. It was more of a pain for me. Traffic was terrible all the way to Charlotte

Just a question for all the non-believers … If there isn’t a God , then what power makes such events like the eclipse/sunrise/ect,ect happen???

George McDonald ; MAD Charleston
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown