Solar Eclipse - August 21

Okay. You’re both unbanned now. Welcome back. I hope you both learned something from this.

I’m not sure what lessons were learned here. somebody fill me in.

boatpoor seems hateful this hole week. you ok buddy?

Don’t you mean hatful? Man, this place is going to heck.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

I’m going on almost no sleep. I’ve been working on a special project for Easy. It involves the eclipse, tomato pies, and midgets. It’s top secret, I really already said too much.

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod
quote:

I’m going on almost no sleep. I’ve been working on a special project for Easy. It involves the eclipse, tomato pies, and midgets</font id=“red”>. It’s top secret, I really already said too much.

Don’t you mean “little people”?

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069
Custom Aluminum Fabrication

quote:
I'm going on almost no sleep. I've been working on a special project for Easy. It involves the eclipse, tomato pies, and midgets. It's top secret, I really already said too much.

Weak. I worked 16 hours yesterday, got up and went to work first thing this morning and still had time to correct your post. THAT is what men do.

Of course later I’ll be taking a nap…I hope.

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod
quote:

I’m going on almost no sleep. I’ve been working on a special project for Easy. It involves the eclipse, tomato pies, and midgets. It’s top secret, I really already said too much.

RBF’s got your back PeePal:

http://wspa.com/2017/08/14/video-popular-asl-interpreter-translates-eclipse-safety-tips/

Not sure what happened with the link because I turned up the volume… Nothing…

RBF

Man, I just tell it like it is!

Weather/clouds still look iffy for CHS…DO NOT look at the eclipse without proper eyewear, make sure your eclipse glasses are ISO 12312-2 compliant, don’t just pick up a pair of eclipse glasses from Sunoco and think you are good to go because they have the word “Eclipse” printed on them or you will be spending Tuesday morning sitting in an Optometrist’s waiting room squinting and trying to make out the faces of the other dumbasses that burned their retina’s…Safety first…

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2017/08/15/man-visually-impaired-sun-during-eclipse-warns-viewing-dangers/567860001/

You can view the eclipse through a welding shield. Just make sure the lens shade is a minimum of 12.

Bob Van Gundy
803-727-4069
Custom Aluminum Fabrication

One of the cooler things I’ve seen.

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

One of the cooler things I’ve seen.

Agreed. Was way cooler than I was expecting.

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Had a few clouds here but they all moved out of the way during the darkest part, great show! Hope the lowstate will be clear!

That surpassed my expectations. Was way cooler than I thought it would be. Very weird also, but glad I got to witness it and spent it with good friends in our neighborhood.

Did you all see the weird snake shadows on the ground? Very cool!

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I saw tons of clouds, with rain and lightning. It did get pretty dark which was cool, but missed the real show so to speak.

Ours was clear as can be. Have to admit. It was a bit of sensory overload. With the darkness, seeing the horizon 360*, the actual eclipse, and the snake shadows on the ground just before and after.

I remember reading somewhere that someone said a partial eclipse to a total eclipse is as different as almost dying and dying. I get what he meant now.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Ours was clear as can be. Have to admit. It was a bit of sensory overload. With the darkness, seeing the horizon 360*, the actual eclipse, and the snake shadows on the ground just before and after.

I remember reading somewhere that someone said a partial eclipse to a total eclipse is as different as almost dying and dying. I get what he meant now.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I can see that. I’ve seen a partial. Today, even when the sun looked like a sliver, it was still light. When the moon centered, it got dark in about 5 seconds.

Well, before it was in totality, it was a partial eclipse. So, yeah, there was no comparison between looking through black glasses and looking at the totality.

My chickens actually did go to roost during totality, and the bees all returned to the hive like it was 9 pm.

Still a way overblown event as far as I’m concerned.