Some Things I Do When I'm Not Posting on CF Numerous Times Daily

In my best Obi Wan Kenobi voice,“Now Thats A Name I Haven’t Heard In A Long Time. A Long Time”</font id=“Comic Sans MS”>

Check your PM’s

Oh pickled eggs. I haven’t done that in a long time. I need to go find my big jar.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

Hey fred. Since when do you give a flip about somebody talking BS.

Let’s see some pictures of Chevy. I think I still have a good 4 bolt 350 & heads if needed.

22 life’s a day

Hey Fred. Don’t let the handful of jackasses here get you down. They are a minority and I keep hoping decent folks will just start ignoring them and maybe they will go away and pollute some other site.

KEEP POSTING!

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

George McDonald US Navy Seabees,Retired, MAD, Charleston Chapter [http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

OFC,Sitting on 6 seasoned 4 bolt main sbc. We have swapped to the 602 sealed crate motor. $3800 and pretty much bullet proof. Keeps the tech guys away. We still run one built motor. Took 3rd in points this year and a few first places. As much as you and I thought the sbc 202 Camel hump heads were so great… You can hit up the junk yard and find a set of vortex heads that will more than outperform a set of “worked” camel humps.

I’m still a Ford guy, but Chevys are cheaper to work on… Had a guy come up to me and offer enough cash to let the Lightning go… I was a bit sad, but it won’t cost me tires or a ticket any more.

Last ford motor I’ve built was a 300 six for a friend a waste of money IMO but he wanted to…

I do transmissions too…

and body work…

Got Three more Tractors to put back together I love the older ones this one is a 1953 Golden Jubilee. Ive got a 1964 High boy 2000, a 1974 diesel 3000, an 8N, and a 1958 601. The wife sarcastically calls them my treasures… I have a bunch of old implements for them, that really need to go to the scrape yard if steel prices come back up.

Sometimes we travel, this was my father in laws old place in New Hampshire.

Garden stuff

Did a 1/4 acre of zinnias and sunflowers.
[img]/forums/Content/Members/11660/IMG_

Dang. you got a lot of irons in the fire. I’m surprised on how many people I know of that restore tractor. The 8n seems to be pretty popular. Pretty cool hobby.

22 life’s a day

Wow Fred, thats pretty impressive. I had no idea you were so accomplished. I owned a diesel repair shop about ten years ago, we mostly worked on big trucks and heavy equipment so I can really appreciate some of the man toys I see in those pics. Fine job sir.

Slowed way down on home projects. Work projects took over. The 8N came out in July 1947, and became the most popular farm tractor of all time in North America. Over 530,000 8Ns were sold. Tough as nails and pretty simple tractors. A lot still out there. The Golden Jubilee and 600 series took it’s place in 1953.

Sweet collection, Fred! I thought the Golden Jubilee’s were only made in '52-'53? And the first Fords with “live” PTO? Live PTO was a game changer, and a life saver.

Don’t know about accomplished, but I’m a fair mechanic on most anything gas or diesel, and hope good father/husband. way back when I was still Cummins warranty certified I probably built 40-50 5.9’s. One heck of a work horse. Don’t take a lot of pics while at work, just play around on this sight while sitting by the computer looking up parts or on hold. A lot of time gets spent on the phone lately. I’ve got 12 Semi’s I look after, plus farm, racing and logging equipment. Last engine rebuild was an older Kenworth with an ISX. Most all the "fleet’ is under warrantee so that just leaves services, tires and brakes. I know I spend a lot of time here, but I don’t face book other than the crude messages sent to me by a few old friends that I pass on to other old friends.

My life sure doesn’t revolve around Politics like I let it on this sight. Other than I do listen to Mark Levin most every morning.

Some times I get to weld things, decent at it, but We did take on a new guy from Jersey that is fantastic at any type of welding/ fabricating. He also has relieved me of a lot of race car duty.

Some times I have to change big tires.

and the wife makes fantastic pickled eggs. Gives her something to do with all the surplus eggs and gives me ammunition for my grandson. He gets really mad before he starts laughing when I fart by him.

The glass on the right is an avocado sprout the wife is working on

No one can accuse you of being a couch potato…

I was going to ask why more people don’t post up some of their hobbies. But I figured. I might should let that go.Don’t want to see no one sitting in their underwear playing on there computer…

22 life’s a day

Thank you. I’ve been through a bunch picked up dirt cheap before the Huge Increase in Scrap prices from obumas cash for clunker fiasco. Most were “mary K’d” and put on E bay.

52-54 was all NAA, but 1953 was the actual “golden Jubilee” and more sought after. No live PTO, that showed up in 1959 I think, but only on select tractors at that time. They have an overrun adapter for them that is a must if you are running anything with the pto. With out it, unless you get it out of gear quick(which it’s usually under a bind and wont come out) it will continue to push you until the pto quits turning. I couldn’t tell you the times it has bogged me down getting hung on a stump or structure. Seen Dad run one into a pond. Best $60 ever for the overrun adapter.

THIS IS A GREAT THREAD.

maybe there’s hope for this site yet.

thanks for the post & pix EF and Fred. impressive.

Man, the “Peapod Seal of Approval”. It can’t get any better than that………………………can it?

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

Rolled them around today and repacked with the cure. This is the second roll at around 15 to 20 days

The wood box is sucking up moisture like its supposed to

Supposed to Snow Tonight,

but I can’t talk about that right now.

Evidently they have broached the parameter and are approaching the Rotunda.

I’ll keep you informed on a need to know basis

As you were

Crazy how curious deer can get. Specially the nannys.

So your “secret” sauce… I can see pepper seeds. and the “cure” is it regular salt or with the added sodium nitrate? Not looking for secrets, I’m not going to do it, on a sodium restricted diet and like fresh port over ham, just curious. :smiley: Had a lot of the salt cured ham growing up spending the night at Grandma’s. Browned in the skillet, then with some runny eggs, grits and toast. good stuff.

Not looking for secrets…BS
We all want to know…

22 life’s a day

Giving my recipe is no big secret sir. It’s just like sharing my offshore numbers with Phinn and Skinny. They still can’t catch my fish, LOL.

The salt has to be non iodine, thats really important. The pink salt needs to be #2, or prague #2 as it’s sometimes called…without it the meat will get rancid pretty fast. This is the recipe I use for 150 pounds of hams.

Oh yeah, it’s snowing.