South Carolinians at thier finest

God bless these South Carolinians. God bless all those that put others before themselves and answered the call for the victims of Harvey.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/some-south-carolina-residents-going-out-of-their-way-to/article_8730cfde-8e59-11e7-ba2c-6f35d4b623f4.html

God bless the “ignore” function.

Would love to read it, but P&C sucks.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I’m convinced that if Americans ignored the words and actions of college professors, politicians, and (some) 15-25 year olds, we would realize that this country is chock-full of decent and reasonable people.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

Would love to read it, but P&C sucks.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Won’t argue that. That’s why I was shocked to see this article. It’s a actually a pretty good piece and shines a positive light on South Carolinians.

God bless the “ignore” function.

Let’s see how many South Carolinians offer up their homes for those affected to stay…

Anyone here on this site ready to commit?

RBF

Why don’t you set the example RBF:question:

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Why don’t you set the example RBF:question:

Nice deflect. It’s not about RBF, it is about putting up or shutting up…

Texas has continuously wanted to be their own country… Maybe it is time to set an example for all the other territories and Texas on what it looks like without being a part of the USA… Maybe Cruz and crew should fin for themselves… Cruz voted against helping New Jersey…

https://www.texastribune.org/2016/04/19/texas-secession-debate-getting-kind-real/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/chris-christie-won-t-let-ted-cruz-escape-sandy-storm-n797486

RBF

only this guy can take something so positive and turn it around.

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

Let’s see how many South Carolinians offer up their homes for those affected to stay…

RBF

I have a guest bedroom upstairs, wouldn't mind putting up a couple. Was here for Hugo and realized then how much help out-of-towners provided, would return the favor any day, those were a tough few months in 1989 in the lowcountry.
quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

Proline 201WA

What’s positive about other people having to put their lives at risk when there was plenty of time for everyone to evacuate? Perhaps people should be held accountable for their personal decisions to stay? This is a macro view, there will be exceptions… However, hurricanes don’t exactly sneak up anymore with all the advanced warning in place… Don’t take heed of the warnings, then you are own you own…

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball
quote:

RBF

I have a guest bedroom upstairs, wouldn't mind putting up a couple. Was here for Hugo and realized then how much help out-of-towners provided, would return the favor any day, those were a tough few months in 1989 in the lowcountry.

You should tell the 50 people you know of that are there to put that word out. Better yet, put it on the www. I’m sure there are many who would take you up on it.

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball
quote:

RBF

Good on you… Not bad for a dude labeled a “Godless” man… Guess ole natureboytoy is going to have to really up the ante on accommodating Houston folks to out do a “Godless” man…

RBF

there are many individuals and groups going above and beyond

a guy in NC that I know owns a large tailgate aircraft, he put out the word that he needed 5 tons of MRE’s, water, diapers and similar basic goods, he had already arranged a drop off location in TX

the plane was filled, it left on Wednesday and returned today, that cost him +/- $20,000, he did it because he wanted to

Pioneer 197SF

its positive seeing the community coming together. alot of people didnt have any where to go. when the 1000 year flood came through, i didnt have any where to go. luckily my house was fine, but many others in the area weren’t so lucky. these volunteers arent affecting you in any way, so what’s it to you if they volunteer their time, equipment, money, and safety?

Proline 201WA

quote:
quote:

Proline 201WA

What’s positive about other people having to put their lives at risk when there was plenty of time for everyone to evacuate? Perhaps people should be held accountable for their personal decisions to stay? This is a macro view, there will be exceptions… However, hurricanes don’t exactly sneak up anymore with all the advanced warning in place… Don’t take heed of the warnings, then you are own you own…

RBF

Who said anyone is “having” to do anything? These people VOLUNTEERED to do what they’re doing. The “positive” aspect of this is people are going beyond themselves to help others. You’re right RBF, it’s not about you. The people that are down there rescuing people are “putting up.”

So are you saying those people that didn’t get out are getting what they deserve?

Come on RBF. People are going above and beyond for others and you feel it necessary to piss all over it? This wasn’t a dick measuring contest. I simply posted an article that praised fellow South Carolinians for their efforts. This wasn’t a call out for others to put up or shut up. There are plenty of ways to help and if people feel inclined to do so, good for them, but they shouldn’t have their efforts pissed all over because you woke up on the wrong side of the dirt.

It’s a (**() shame we can’t say something positive about a good thing

we’ve been watching Irma since she rolled of the coast of Africa on Tuesday, that thing is huge and strong, next weekend will be interesting, the Thursday report was:

Whoa! The estimated central pressure in Hurricane Irma was just dropped from 997 to 979, subsequently Irma skipped Cat 1 altogether: Graduated straight into a Cat 2 Hurricane! Currently it is sporting 100 MPH sustained winds, and the satellite imagery supports this jump. With 120 MPH sustained winds predicted in as little as the next 12-24 hrs, Irma will enter major storm status within the next day or two. With few negatives in the foreseeable future to curtail further development, this clearly is going to be one of those rare long-lived trans-Atlantic major hurricanes. Nasty buggers when and wherever they finally encounter land!

The tracking models, basically all of them, generally shifted south and east for the long term tracks. The northernmost model (which had it recurve past Bermuda less than 2 days ago) now hints at landfall into the Outer Banks. The southernmost models take it into the Caribbean and eventually into the Gulf. Others have it interacting with Haiti and Cuba. Ignoring the details: This general shift greatly decreased the probability that there will be an Atlantic recurve to save SC. Thus the chances for the USA to get impacted increased significantly. And by USA, at this time, we simply mean “anywhere between Brownsville TX and Portland ME”!

In 5 days the official forecast has it approaching the Leeward and Virgin Islands. By then they expect it will have 135 MPH sustained winds. Looks like the first possible time of impact on east coast would be around next weekend, somewhere around the 9th-11th. If it goes into the Gulf, perhaps a day or two longer.

Bottom line: I just want to post: “THIS IS NOT A DRILL!”. Irma is very much the real deal, and by the looks of it we possibly could end up in the mix.

Pioneer 197SF

That’s Bonzo’s area. Band blueskyguy

“I don’t want to be accused of not being helpful so, I’d start by keeping my mouth closed when outside. Hope this helps.” -DFreedom Aug 28 2017

quote:

its positive seeing the community coming together. alot of people didnt have any where to go. when the 1000 year flood came through, i didnt have any where to go. luckily my house was fine, but many others in the area weren’t so lucky. these volunteers arent affecting you in any way, so what’s it to you if they volunteer their time, equipment, money, and safety?

Proline 201WA

Sorry, but the reality of our nation is we come together for brief moments of crisis (e.g. 911, Katrina, Sandy, Harvey, etc.) and once it has passed, we go back to our old ways and return to our corners like boxers ready to fight with each other once again…

I just don’t get emotional, because I know how the life cycle of these types of events develops… Sorry to be a buzz kill, but the feel good moment of Harvey will recede like the flood water, and culturally the USA will be back to square one… Enjoy the moment, I tend to cringe knowing how it’ll play out on a longer term…

RBF

The next time you go to stir the pot RBF, I hope you grab the **** end of the stick.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

The next time you go to stir the pot RBF, I hope you grab the **** end of the stick.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Please put me back on ignore.

Thanks in advance.

RBF