spearfishing charters?

anybody have any input for a good charter service that is spearfishing friendly? my dive club at the fl/ga border is always looking for random places to try out and charleston is only 3.5 hours away. i already asked knot@work since that service did a good job for me offshore trolling, but said he doesnt like tanks on board.

Come on down to St Thomas USVI and let’s do some freediving spearing. Big ass lobsters in 5-30 feet of water

Most charters do not do diving due to greatly increased insurance cost.

Olde Man Charters
843-478-1538
Oldemancharters@gmail.com
286 Seafox/Twin 300’s

quote:
Originally posted by Rapchizzle

Come on down to St Thomas USVI and let’s do some freediving spearing. Big ass lobsters in 5-30 feet of water

if i ever make it out there ill keep it in mind! ive never tried freediving as we dont have the greatest visibility at the fl/ga border, but given clean water or a chance to roll off the boat next to a school of bait being chased by pelagics id definitely give it a go!

quote:
Originally posted by OhioNavyNuke

anybody have any input for a good charter service that is spearfishing friendly? my dive club at the fl/ga border is always looking for random places to try out and charleston is only 3.5 hours away. i already asked knot@work since that service did a good job for me offshore trolling, but said he doesnt like tanks on board.

Try reaching out to Capt Greg Newman on Miss Emily.

2016 Boston Whaler 230 Vantage w/300 Merc Verado

A shop out of Columbia, SC does a few trips a year. They are called Scuba John’s. Don’t know if they have their own boat or piggyback a Charleston shop. Lots of videos on youtube though.

Express Water Sports out of Murrells Inlet is spearfishing friendly. I’ve been multiple times and going again with them the end of this month. Nice dive boat and good crew.

David
2017 Key West 219 W/200 Yamaha