Spearfishing Tournament

Megladonman and I were in to Port Richey Florida last weekend where we competed in the Spearboard Open Spearfishing Tournament. We dove 105 miles offshore in the Florida middlegrounds.

I took 3rd Place overall out of 100 participants and Megalodonman won Biggest AJ/cobia with a 37 pounder he stoned.

More Details here. http://www.charlestondiving.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=&TOPIC_ID=191

Rob H_ _ _ _ _ _ _</font id=red> www.charlestondiving.com
(Fish not Biting? Try a fast presentation of spring steel)</font id=green>

Hey Rob
What did you think of the middle grounds? I have heard they are awesome. 90’ of water , crystal clear in the middle of the gulf of mexico.

Billy

GeeChee Cat

The structure was incredible! Big Big ledges, caves, etc. Most of them full of Jewfish. We spent the night out there and bottom fished before we dove. The Depths varied. Two of our dives were in 140’+

The Jewfish have become a big nuisance out there. If you don’t get your fish off the bottom quick they take it. Jewfish are not exactly an endangered species anymore.

Rob H_ _ _ _ _ _ _</font id=red> www.charlestondiving.com
(Fish not Biting? Try a fast presentation of spring steel)</font id=green>

Edited by - ghost_rider on 05/12/2003 09:29:27 AM

bully, I don’t think we had any 90’vis. Cool structure. I understand there are usually more fish than we saw there. 105 miles offshore is a long way to go for mangrove snapper and Amberjacks. I did hear they shot some nice grouper the next weekend out there. Are ready for some lobsters? I’ve got a couple deep dives I want to do, followed by the Subway cars. Les/MegalodonMan

congrats to you both on your exploits in Florida sounds like yall did good.

Robert Cox