Stay Thirsty My Friends

Sharks have a week dedicated to him. If he were to punch you in the face you would have to fight off a strong urge to thank him. He has been known to cure narcolepsy just by walking into a room. He is the most interesting man in the world. Most of you have heard these quotes while watching the Dos Equis commercials on television. The question is; have you ever wondered what Dos Equis will do when the star of these commercials passes away? I know it is a morbid thought; but really, who will become the new most interesting man in the world? I would like to put in my vote in for Chris Dixon. Who is Chris Dixon? you might ask. Chris is a personal friend of mine and one of my neighbors.

I first met Chris just over a year ago as he paddled down our creek with his 18 month son balanced on the front of his paddle board. I later learned that Chris is an avid surfer, close friend of Jimmy Buffets, and has rebuilt several classic cars. Perhaps one of the Chriss most defining interesting characteristics is his occupation. Chris is a free lance writer that regularly researches and compiles stories for a very diverse group of publications including Surfer Magazine, The New York Times, and Garden and Gun to name just a few. Through Chriss career he has had the opportunity to research, meet, befriend, interview, visit, and experience the unique. So what does all this have to do with fishing? Well to be honest with you very little; but this weeks article has everything to do with the ocean!

Chris has just released his latest publication known as Ghost Wave. The book is a documentary of Cortes Bank that lays 100-miles offshore of California and rises from the abyss to a mere 12-feet below the surface. This historical sea mountain draws quite possibly the largest waves in the world, fisherman, surfers and wildlife, including sharks the size of busses, abalone the size of bibles and 5-foot tall lobsters, from all over the entire Pacific Ocean. Chris has spent hours on the high seas researching, recording an