Staying or Going???

So who is staying and who is leaving?

Smart people are leaving. Everyone else is staying.

What are you saying skinneej? Didn’t you say, you’re staying:question:

The ones that aren’t staying, are leaving.

I be staying with everybody else.

Well, for those that are staying, stay safe! Hoping it will just be some rain and wind.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

on what day?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Staying, as are most people I know, this looks like a tropical storm event is all.

staying…unless it changes from its’ predicted course.

I’d like to stay but fighting that battle with the wife (we have 2 young kids) is probably a losing proposition and could be brought back up when trying to convince her of the necessity of future fishing trips (lose the battle, win the war).
I think even 50+ mph winds, while not really dangerous, would freak out the kids, especially if it’s during the night.

2014 Key West 203DFS
1987 Landau

quote:
Originally posted by InshoreAngler

Staying, as are most people I know, this looks like a tropical storm event is all.

Same. Unless they change the forecast to a Cat 4 hitting us I’m likely staying. My house survived Hugo and has better windows now. The great flood last year was a non issue. I feel like we’ll likely just get tropical storm conditions here.

First, Most, Biggest

Staying

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

Don’t forget about the aftermath. Losing power and being without for a while sucks. Dealt with that last year during the floods in Columbia. Man, October used to be a good month.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Also, there won’t be any stores open, gas stations, pharmacies, anything. Hopefully it’ll just blow right past you guys, but you just never know.

Be safe people!

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Looks like they are calling for hurricane force winds to just south of Charleston. That’ll be the NW side of the eye as well. Hope you all are safe. If I lived east of 17 there is no way I would be sticking around for this. North of Charleston yes, but Savannah to Charleston that close to the coast. Gonna be some nasty standing water, and no power for a while.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

What are you saying skinneej? Didn’t you say, you’re staying:question:

Never said that.
quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

on what day?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

Any day you can get out is a good one...

Looks like it is strengthening. They expect it to be CAT 5 when it hits Florida, then head our way but stay hurricane strength the whole way. Might even circle back for a double blow.

Looks like a hurricane event to me. I am surprised folks are looking at last years flood storm as a comparison.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Once it heads back out to sea, I say we drop an nuke on it… I’ve been watching movies for a long time, and you can do a lot with nukes against natural disasters.

Once a person decides that they should have left, it’s too late. Hurricanes are very unpredictable and this one is now a Cat 4. I grew up on the Gulf Coast and I’m not usually scared of a hurricane, but I think I’d hit the road with this one.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/