Storm reports and pictures.

quote:
Cracker, it's getting to be a different South we live in. Like you, If I saw someone that had a chance of being saved I'd have no issue putting my self on Deaths front door. Let that person be Elderly or a Child and I'd beat down Deaths door.

Ain’t it so. Doesn’t seem to be any demand for good men and dogs willing to help now. Got to buy insurance before you can help a neighbor. God help us all.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Bacons Bridge was open this afternoon. The bridge is fine, the water was covering half the road on the Hwy 61 side of the bridge. It looked like the water was a few inches lower this afternoon compared to this morning along 61 and 17A up to the Colleton County line.

Water in Westcott was a couple of feet lower in the ditches

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

For anyone getting water IN their homes, or know of some who is getting water IN their homes. The Disaster Assessment (DA) phone number for the Red Cross is 764-2323 x324. I was doing DA the last couple of days, and it REALLY helps to have an idea of WHERE to look, opposed to driving around just looking.

15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Did better than most at my place. Worked half a day Saturday and got back home before the water started rising. Minor roof leak at the house.

Grandma’s house was in better shape than expected. Didn’t lose power and the road didn’t get washed out despite being over run. Dam had water flowing over the top for a few days with manageable erosion. Should not a risk to break unless we get another big storm. Our couple acre pond has a trunk that diverts 6x2 feet of water at about 7 feet below the top of the (**() and it was MAXED out at all tides. At low tide the creek and flats were mostly full 5’3" tide equivalence. had to grab the shovel and dig some ditches out around the house and trench out some deer fields to drain. A lot of our roads had water flowing down them Monday afternoon.

Be safe be smart.

First, Most, Biggest