Sullivan's Island 9/1

Fished Sullivan’s from 7:30 am to about noon. Live shrimp on the bottom. Caught 5 whiting and 4 ladyfish. One of the whiting was in the 12-14 inch range. Ladyfish all had good size to them.

Oh yeah. Watched a boat land a nice Tarpon jus off the beach at Sullivan’s. Pretty cool.

I fished sta 26 1/2 from about 8-1 yesterday. I caught 1 whiting off shrimp on a 1/0 circle hook. The rest of the day was spent trying to get more, but each time I’d cast out the shrimp would get sucked right off the hooks. Pretty unusual, but even worse is what happened to the whiting. I put him on 2 14/0 circle hooks on my senator equipped with 100lb braid and a 20 foot 400lb mono shock leader with a 3ft steel cable leader on that. Something made the senator scream for a quick second, then stopped. After another 30 min I reeled it in expecting to see bite marks on the fish, but all that was left were 2 hooks with absolutely no fish on it. Somehow something slurped my whiting off without getting hooked. I’ve seen it before where it was just a skeleton left, but this one was clean.