Summer Movies

Since my sleepy little town of Walterboro reopened the Theater my youngest and I have been to two movies so far. Nice not to have to travel in Charleston traffic or drive to Beaufort.

Pirates of the caribbean… dead men tell no tales… IMO the best of the series. Great mindless entertainment.

and yesterday… WONDER WOMAN! Daughter’s request… Actually one of the better DC movies. (again IMO) Good Movie, never really knew the background for wonder Woman, Good story line and a little sadness to go with it. No doubt She’ll be in some new DC movies.

“Why Bruce?”

These two are next up on our list. Huge movie fans in my household. Wife and I love the Pirates movies. 5 year old daughter can’t wait to see Wonder Woman.

But the best movie I have seen since probably Star Wars VII, Guardians 2. Better than the first, and that’s saying a lot.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I haven’t been to a movie in 10 years. I did watch a good one on Netflix though, The Siege at Jadotville. True story.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Saw Pirates this past weekend (wife’s choice, she has the secret hots for Johnny D), it was good. Will probably have to wait for DVD on Wonder Woman (wife’s demand). The Mummy will definitely wait for DVD. Looking forward to Justice League, Star Wars, and a couple of other Science Fiction movies. Also, the Equalizer and Edge of Tomorrow sequels seem promising.

Or any movie with Christina Hendricks in it.

j

quote:
Originally posted by jisuho

Or any movie with Christina Hendricks in it.

j

Yep!

thank you for that joseph!

I wish she would stop being coy and return my calls.

j

quote:
Originally posted by jisuho

thank you for that joseph!

I wish she would stop being coy and return my calls.

j

I see a missing lock of hair and a restraining order in the near future.

Nice dog in the last picture!

My daughter really wants to see WW. I’ve been waiting on it for a while, too. Ever since I saw her in Batman vs Superman. She’s a smoking hot badass!

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

Just added The New Transformers movie to the summer list. It was well worth the movie ticket. Lot of humor thrown in and Anthony Hopkins was a good addition, solid action from start to end.

Glad to have our local theater back open.

Daughter wants me to go see Despicable Me 3 now… Maybe if I get a back scratch I might take her.

“Why Bruce?”

WW was insanely good IMO. Really great acting, solid story. Clean, and lots of babes kicking ass. Gal Gadot is to the D.C. Universe as Robert Downey has been to Marvel. She’ll carry these movies for a while. Which is great because WW is such an interesting character for a comic book hero.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I’m looking forward to seeing Dunkirk.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

quote:
Originally posted by SurfFishLife

I’m looking forward to seeing Dunkirk.

http://www.lowcountrypregnancycenter.com/

Just looked at the trailer… I believe that will be a good movie.

“Why Bruce?”

Saw the trailer in WW. Personally it looks like a good movie to wait until Netflix to me. Kind of like the Finest Hour.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Peepod will not be happy with this thread. Just saying…

up yours

i remember when this place used to be about killing stuff, white braid, and floating breader* reds. not chickflix

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

up yours

i remember when this place used to be about killing stuff, white braid, and floating breader* reds. not chickflix

These movies are about as close to a chick ■■■■■ as Chris brown beating Rihanna being his expression of love. Hmmm maybe maybe that was his expression of love? But they are still not what I’d consider “chick flicks”.

What you want to Kill Pod? Laid waste to 19 Armadillos over the last month or so. That was kind of fun. Not much in season on land, but I guess we could catch some sharks and then send them off with a triple lindy. Who ever gets the highest and most flipps wins. The other buys beer.

“Why Bruce?”

Get yourself one of these and watch about any movie ever made, and even watch movies that are playing in theaters, free. Oh yeah, nfl ticket and about any college football game thats being played

https://www.ebay.com/p/Amazon-■■■■■■■■■■■■■-Unlocked-JAILBROKEN-Modified/1781108719

quote:
Originally posted by Hoppy

Get yourself one of these and watch about any movie ever made, and even watch movies that are playing in theaters, free. Oh yeah, nfl ticket and about any college football game thats being played

https://www.ebay.com/p/Amazon-■■■■■■■■■■■■■-Unlocked-JAILBROKEN-Modified/1781108719

You got one? Dang that looks pretty interesting. What’s the catch?

“Why Bruce?”

I’ve had one about 9 months. Coolest little gizmo I’ve had in years. Liked it so much that’s what I gave for xmas gifts last year. Probably 20 of my friends have them. Mine is plugged into my av receiver so the sound plays through my surround sound and not the tv speakers. I watched the old classic “Midnight Cowboy” today. And oh, you can play YouTube on it so you can watch on the tv, not just my laptop. did a Clemson search and watch all the old Clemson games on the tv, no commercials and no halftime! I watched Clemson / Ohio State today too.

There are no catches other than you have to have a good high speed internet to stream flawlessly. As far as movies playing in theaters, sometimes it may take a few weeks to get an HD version of it up. Sometimes it’s just a matter of days before you can watch them.

There’s a learning curve using it, but if I can do it, about anyone can