Syrian refugees

I’m not looking at this from a humanitarian perspective, I’m looking at is from a homeland security perspective…how are we guaranteeing all of these refugees are who they say they are? a couple with bad intentions and we’re letting the fox in the hen house aren’t we…

President Obama has ordered his administration to “scale up” the number of Syrian refugees admitted to the United States, directing his team to prepare for at least 10,000 in the next fiscal year, the White House spokesman said.

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

There is no “vetting” of these people. No telling who or what will be entering our country. Think about it. You are a terrorist group. Would this not be an awesome way to infiltrate the home of the Great Satan? Just another crappy deal dealt by the Clown in Chief.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom

There is no “vetting” of these people. No telling who or what will be entering our country. Think about it. You are a terrorist group. Would this not be an awesome way to infiltrate the home of the Great Satan? Just another crappy deal dealt by the Clown in Chief.

X2!! That man is hell bent on destroying this country and it amazes me to see so many people close to him that actually support and help!! What amazes me more are the republicans who apparently sit and watch it happen!!

“Kleenex, The Official Sponsor of Fishb8”

As it stands now with our borders we’re locked down tighter than a Hollywood face-lift, right? So don’t you worry any, our government has the situation under complete control…

“Negative. I’m a meat popsicle!”
www.atlanticredcrab.com

If I am not mistaken, this is where poly ball comes in to talk about how bad Bush was… 3…2…1…

quote:

Would this not be an awesome way to infiltrate the home of the Great Satan?

my thoughts exactly…

this is in the wrong forum.

andy can you make lightning strike the server again to show bonzo and these people who’s in charge?

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

quote:
Originally posted by Bonzo72

I’m not looking at this from a humanitarian perspective, I’m looking at is from a homeland security perspective…how are we guaranteeing all of these refugees are who they say they are? a couple with bad intentions and we’re letting the fox in the hen house aren’t we…

President Obama has ordered his administration to “scale up” the number of Syrian refugees admitted to the United States, directing his team to prepare for at least 10,000 in the next fiscal year, the White House spokesman said.

Fox is already in the hen house via the southern border. Why not let a few more in under the guise of refugees.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

Another thought hit me. There has been serious “unrest” in Syria and other parts of the M.E. for several years now. Why suddenly, are all of these refugees pouring out of their country? What happened in the last couple of days to see such an exodus?

Behave yourself Pea!

quote:

Another thought hit me. There has been serious “unrest” in Syria and other parts of the M.E. for several years now. Why suddenly, are all of these refugees pouring out of their country? What happened in the last couple of days to see such an exodus?

Behave yourself Pea!

Putin is backing and supplying Assaad. He knows Obama doesn’t have the balls to stand up to him. People are fleeing to escape the slaughter.

Mark
Pioneer 222 Sportfish Yamaha F300
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

quote:

I’m not looking at this from a humanitarian perspective

This is the crux of the issue -

From a financial, security, operational, and feasibility standpoint, it is ludicrous to accept a pile of refugees from Syria.

From a humanitarian perspective, it’s even more ludicrous not to.

quote:
Why suddenly, are all of these refugees pouring out of their country? What happened in the last couple of days to see such an exodus?

Russia

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by mhebbard
quote:

This is the crux of the issue -

From a financial, security, operational, and feasibility standpoint, it is ludicrous to accept a pile of refugees from Syria.

From a humanitarian perspective, it’s even more ludicrous not to.

this might sound harsh, but I would rather have been more “cruel” and done something with the Assad regime, than now jeopardize my own country’s health by taking in those refugees created by not doing something in the first place…

quote:
Originally posted by mhebbard
quote:

From a humanitarian perspective, it's even more ludicrous not to.
Love thy neighbor... Right on!

You guys are way too scared of terrorists…

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

that’s exactly what will be on my mind all day long tomorrow…

or did I miss the sarcasm font?

quote:

This area has been producing refugees since man has been keeping records. Something about charity begins at home? Let’s take care of our homeless before chunking money at unknown people.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by skinneej

that’s exactly what will be on my mind all day long tomorrow…

or did I miss the sarcasm font?

How many people did terrorists kill last year on US Soil?

Believe it or not, there are already something like 142K Syrians in the USA. I actually know a Syrian family and was invited to a Syrian engagement party (I went). Nobody tried to kill me there. As a matter of fact, they were very grateful that we came, and very hospitable. I think we even got “thank you” notes, which as everyone knows is one of the islamic terrorists dirtiest tricks… I opened the letter (without gloves or a mask on)…

That couple got married and had children. Now, the grandparents have not been in the USA in the past few years. Why not? It’s because they Syrian government won’t let them. Most of the Syrians here want to be here to prosper like everyone else. The guy that I know was a pediatric dentist that now has a practice in Atlanta. As far as I know, he hasn’t killed any infidel kids yet… At least not on purpose…

Again, I have no doubt that there are “Islamic terrorists” and many will disagree with me… But let’s be honest, even if the Koran commands them to kill “infidels”, they 1.6 BILLION of them sure are doing a crappy job… Something like 2.6 BILLION Christians are commanded not to divorce, but they seem to keep doing it… This is not a knock on Christians or Islamics, but the point is this… The world is getting more

Ahhh skinneej! Would you want one marrying your daughter? A simple Yes or No, will suffice!

quote:
Originally posted by Easy

Ahhh skinneej! Would you want one marrying your daughter? A simple Yes or No, will suffice!

If they were a solid Christian and I felt confident they would take up their role of spiritual leadership in their family, then I would be okay with it.

That being said, I don’t see how the “would you allow a person to marry your daughter” be the filter for if I offer assistance to someone. I would help MOST people, but would not want MOST people marrying my daughter. A hungry child and\or family should not need to pass the “would you be okay with them marrying your daughter” test for me to offer a meal.

How about being a Muslim? I’m just wondering what your trip wire would be! Everyone has one! I’m not getting down on you, but just want to see where you draw the line, on being a good neighbor! I would feed them and care for them, but don’t what them in the country! We have enough, we can’t take care of now! Sooner or later, we are going to run out of real Tax Payers, with real jobs to pay for all the takers! I do believe that this country was founded on Christian principals and that we should stay that way! When we let others in, that don’t embrace those beliefs and don’t embrace this country, I feel we don’t need them! We can send money to help feed them, but we don’t need them here! Were just asking for trouble, down the road!