Tag Heuer Formula 1 SOLD

Tag Heuer Formula 1
Worn app 3 years. Just don’t need anymore. New battery installed by Tag Heuer 2017. Pressure tested by Tag Heuer at the time of the battery installation.

$750.00 o.b.o

Call or text is best. Ed, located on James Island
843 371 7178

Always have liked that watch. Good luck with sale!

Capt. Jeremiah
Southern Slam Fishing Charters

2018 Sea Hunt BX 22 BR

Nice…I’ve been eyeing an Aquaracer myself. Might have to jump on it soon.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

Thanks guys.

Out of curiosity, why do people spend so much money on a watch?

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

Proline 201WA

Why do people spend so much on fishing gear? Why do people spend so much on a truck? Why do people spend so much on tools? Why do people spend so much on _______?

A nice watch has made me a lot of connections I wouldn’t have made otherwise, both personally and in business.

Wadmalaw native

quote:

Proline 201WA

Expensive watches attract the broads ,just like my gold chains and diamond rings, and don’t forget the World Series of poker bracelet.

Trade you a 5hr capers reef fishing trip for 3 people for the watch.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy
quote:

Proline 201WA

Why do people spend so much on fishing gear? Why do people spend so much on a truck? Why do people spend so much on tools? Why do people spend so much on _______?

A nice watch has made me a lot of connections I wouldn’t have made otherwise, both personally and in business.

Wadmalaw native

I understand all the examples you gave. All those things, generally speaking, become more reliable and more useful the more they are. But a $20 Walmart watch keeps the time just as well as a $2000 watch, and you don’t gain any functionality. I’m not trying to disgrace anyone that spends a lot of money on watches, I’m generally curious.

Proline 201WA

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy
quote:

Proline 201WA

Wadmalaw native

I understand all the examples you gave. All those things, generally speaking, become more reliable and more useful the more they are. But a $20 Walmart watch keeps the time just as well as a $2000 watch, and you don’t gain any functionality. I’m not trying to disgrace anyone that spends a lot of money on watches, I’m generally curious.

Proline 201WA

I answered you…in my last sentence. Add to it that this watch will last a lifetime…and still generally be worth the same or more money in the future.

Wadmalaw native

It starts conversations? That’s it?

Proline 201WA

CaptFritz. Thank you but no thanks.

quote:

It starts conversations? That’s it?

Proline 201WA

There’s no convincing YOU, so I’m not going to type any more. If you knew, you’d know. :wink:

Wadmalaw native

quote:

Proline 201WA

Every gentleman deserves a nice watch. It’s just a touch of class, that’s all.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Thanks Ed for meeting me and the watch is in perfect condition. My son found out at school that he will be attending the Naval Academy, he will love this watch. Thanks Robbie

You are welcome. It was a great pleasure knowing it is going to your son for a graduation present. Congratulations to your son on the Naval Academy acceptance, and to you for raising a great son.

quote:

Proline 201WA

Why are you concerned with how someone else spends their money?

I will respond with two questions of my own just to be devils advocate(understand I don’t care one iota how you spend your money)…

Why do you shop at WalMart??

Why do own a Pro-Line??

Those are two things I would never do…but yet I don’t get on the innerweb lambasting those that choose to do so.

Southern Comfort

I wasn’t “lambasting”. I was very clear that I was purely curious. Don’t be so sensitive. If you’re ok with spending that much money on a watch, or any other item I may ask a question about, don’t get so defensive when someone asks a simple question. I don’t know anything about watches, so I was generally curious if more expensive watches have some other benefits that a cheap Walmart watch may have that I’m not aware of.

Proline 201WA

quote:

I wasn’t “lambasting”. I was very clear that I was purely curious. Don’t be so sensitive. If you’re ok with spending that much money on a watch, or any other item I may ask a question about, don’t get so defensive when someone asks a simple question. I don’t know anything about watches, so I was generally curious if more expensive watches have some other benefits that a cheap Walmart watch may have that I’m not aware of.

Proline 201WA

Make no mistake snowflake, I am not offended, nor do I feel the need to get defensive. It just goes against my grain to let your backhanded, condescending position on this matter go unchallenged…couple that with the fact that I am stuck in front of the computer on a conference call for the next couple hours and needed some entertainment. So far the morning topwater bite has been strong…

And lets not forget to mention the fact that you were on the middle of the man’s “for sale ad” questioning why anybody would spend that much money on the item he was in the middle of trying to sell…but nonetheless, enjoy telling your grandson all about that broken down Casio you are passing down to him at graduation.

Most importantly, congrats to your boy, HUNTER, on the appointment…something to be proud of for sure. Was in Annapolis this past fall for the AF/Navy game and it will be a great experience for him.

Southern Comfort

Thanks Southern Comfort and Ed, very proud. Tight lines Rob