Tailrace Shad 2023?

Too soon to start this thread?
Deer season is over, turkey season is too far off…I’m itching to get on the water and do some fishing.

1 Like

Won’t be long and you’ll be able to tie off to the guy next to you and get some paper lipped row machines haha

Na, but for real, it’s not too early to talk about it, but it might be a bit early for the run. I wouldn’t know for sure though as I haven’t been in many years.

Did you get into em last year pretty good at all?

2 Likes

i think they are starting to show. saw some video on youtube of a kid fishing near the dam, and was pulling them in. of course i believe he was in the restricted area lol.

They are there. I’ve seen several reports lately

1 Like

It’s time when TugTed says so.

Hey Optiker, any activity with the Summerville club lately?

That’s the only true thing I’ve ever seen the pod type…

Tug is the Shad Daddy,I wish he would come back and give us some guidance!

I’m craving some roe

1 Like

OUCH!

Dumb 10 character rule.

1 Like

So i’ve never fished for them. What type of bait is used? Is there a certain depth they are in? I remember eating the roe when i was a kid.

1 Like

Club is still going. They ‘re-branded’ a year or two ago as Lowcountry Saltwater Anglers. I haven’t been involved in a few years, but we (Eye Strike) still sponsors them. They seem to be doing okay. They are on FB and have a website.

1 Like

Thanks.

Want to learn inshore more precisely, forgot to come to your seminar regretfully.

Who would you recommend for precise info in the club, I hoped you were still active. Do you recommend a novice entering the club tournaments?

Actually inquiring for my son, I told him to come by your shop, does he need to call first to be certain you are there?

Contact for the club is Reese Daniels. I can DM you his number. Yes, club tournaments are fun, low key and a great way to get used to tournaments. Our hours at the shop are 9-12 daily (mostly) but its always a good idea to check before coming out. We don’t get a lot of foot traffic.
Thanks,
-Dave

Thanks Dave, we can always count on you replying, please send the #, would like a info from a leader.

I belonged to the Charlotte club for 25 years, so pretty familiar with them.

3 Likes

Can’t figure out how to receive your message?

1 Like

Click on your avatar, in the upper right hand of your screen, then click on the envelope.

That’s how it works on my phone, anyway.

1 Like

I’ll eat most anything put in front of me, no way I’m ever gonna crave shad roe. I didn’t even like the bacon that was wrapped around them. I’ll eat the Bucks, before I will the roe.

TugTed did put out some great stuff on shad fishing.

1 Like

Any word on the run? Want to take the kids out and catch something besides cat fish.

1 Like

Trying to make a trip this weekend. We will most likely start Saturday morning bait fishing for shad and herring, then concentrate the rest of the day and weekend in the lake looking for crappie and catfish. Good Luck!

1 Like