Take your bay boat offshore...... with a TidalRail

Sorry,

Been out of town so didn’t check forum. The whole purpose is that the TidalRail is out of the way when not needed and can be pulled up if needed. Don’t read too much into the whole “needed” thing, and didn’t mean for the title of the post to be taken so literally. 4’-6’ with 3 second interval is not fun in any boat and I have in no way meant to suggest that this product makes that fishable with a bay boat (or many others:). The TidalRails are simply allowed to be used if you do find yourself in roughwater conditions to increase comfort and passenger safety. Don’t know about y’all but having my knees bang the side of the bay boat all day gets pretty old, and bottom fishing with them up is WAY better than not having them. Also, you don’t have to be at the ledge for it to get rough… I have seen the bay get pretty sporty as well.

And yes, some of the photos were taken at a lake but we have been seatrialing the product in both the Gulf and the Atlantic, and I believe it will may many bay boats much more versitale. We also have it on two different boats in Louisiana. We are also working with a couple manufacturers with a built in version that allows the legs to be “molded” in to the gunwale so that when down, they are flush on both top and inside… could either be raised with a power switch or manually.

Open invitation to hook up with some of you so you can put your hands on it next time we are in charleston. I have fished out of there quite a bit over the years… nice place for sure, and I think until you see it in person, it may be difficult to understand just how useful it really is.

“If it’s saltwater, I’m in!”

I can see smacking my shins and toes on the mounts. Sorry, my 2 cents.

sealevelPete

This is great, I haven’t laughed this much in a while

The first person to get this is gonna get laughed out of wappoo cut! But seriously I hope nobody gets this thinking it will make thirty bowt into into an offshore battle wagon, this doesn’t make it safer, stuff.like this gives.idiots a false sense of security to do more stupid stuff!

I’m a high class redneck.

Fishing is a delusion entirely surrounded by liars in pfgs and buffs.

quote:
Originally posted by Pluffdaddy

I added some tidal rails to my toilet. For those trips that get a little rough…

Dang I bout shat myself.:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

caseydog: Unfortunately, this isn’t the site to get many serious answers. I came up with my new username in honor of this bunch.

Dang,

I see a post by someone claiming to “NOITALL”, open it up and all he does is poke a stick at the good folks of CF.com

Seems to be another dose of false advertising here…

Just announced, purchase 3 or more sets and get a full day charter with Capt Fritz at the grillage!

REELIN N DEALIN II

Hey, he wanted ■■■■■■■■. If you ask for opinions, you’d better have thick skin.

Tcrank now that’s funny

grab the gaff and another cold beer

YOU obviously have experience acting like an idiot.

get a life dude.

quote:
Originally posted by yakman72

The first person to get this is gonna get laughed out of wappoo cut! But seriously I hope nobody gets this thinking it will make thirty bowt into into an offshore battle wagon, this doesn’t make it safer, stuff.like this gives.idiots a false sense of security to do more stupid stuff!

You are correct sir.

agreed.

some serious fisherman mixed in with internet website want to be fishermen.

oh well.

so much for grown men acting like grown men.

quote:
Originally posted by NOITALL

caseydog: Unfortunately, this isn’t the site to get many serious answers. I came up with my new username in honor of this bunch.

There aren’t any grown men on this site. We just a bunch of kids at heart enjoying the God given blessing of the love of fishing and boating the lowcountry of SC!!

Dont take the jabs to heart. We all will be at the end of the joke at some point.

I don’t understand the patent on this. The log flume ride at Hershey Park had rails like that. They would pop up to keep you from falling out once the ride started. That was 20 years ago.

Hydra-Sports 22 Bay Sport
225 Rude

quote:
Originally posted by caseydog

get a life dude.

quote:

Because of typo on my phone I need to get a life? Look I think its cool that you or you work a company that invents stuff but slot of times you have to go through "constructive" criticism to get to the good stuff. I think I need some of those on my toilet pluffdaddy!

I’m callin 4 pages easy…

Captain Steve Little
TowBoat US Charleston
Psalm 107:23-32
www.towboatcharleston.com

Not to sure about the typo part, but the only thing we are looking for is ■■■■■■■■… and we are fine with the positive and the negative.

Patents and products are industry specific and there are many many examples of forms of crossover between industries.

TidalRail is product created for people who take their bay boats in rough water at times anyway and in no way is asking or encouraging people to take their boats further than normal because of a presumed extra safety feature. I’m sure you know deep down that boats nor products put others in danger, it’s the operator… just like guns and their users.

We are certainly not looking for arguments, and we apologize for introducing the product a little pre-maturely, but we are assuming that most who have been in bay boats have experienced the feeling of standing in a bay boat while riding… particularly in rough water. TidalRails do increase safety and when not needed, you simply push them down and out of the way. We will update the website soon with close ups regarding install and also some rough water pictures. Bottom line is many many people own bay boats due to their versatility… And after using this product, I am confident that this further advances the versatility of my boat and the way I fish. More pictures and details will be added to the website soon.

quote:
quote:

get a life dude.

quote:

The first person to get this is gonna get laughed out of wappoo cut! But seriously I hope nobody gets this thinking it will

quote:

TidalRail is product created for people who take their bay boats in rough water at times anyway and in no way is asking or encouraging people to take their boats further than normal because of a presumed extra safety feature. I’m sure you know deep down that boats nor products put others in danger, it’s the operator… just like guns and their users.

And Mastercraft in no way intended to encourage such a reckless and negligent operator, however, look what happened to them.
http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/home/514357-jury-rules-against-mastercraft-in-design-lawsuit

Observation: Molding this thing in the gunwales seems to be more of a challenge than you make it out to be not to mention the place it would be located is where a lot of people want rod holders.

Questions: If mounted on the inside of the boat how accessible are rods and reels that are in gunwale mounted rod holders? Have you been able to break a TideRail yet? If so what did it take to break it and what failed first? Did the pipe yield before the mounting hardware broke loose? And if you don’t mind me asking who are the manufacturers you are currently working with?

“If you had to tell someone how good you are, then you probably aren’t that good”

02 Carolina Skiff 175 RG Honda 90 -

spanish king,
We certainly understand the inherit risks with all types of manufacturing. For those reasons we have been “sea-trialing” this product for some time now, and hope to have discovered all challenges before taking it to the market early next year. We will recommend that this product be installed by “boat rigging” guys who are used to drilling fiberglass, etc. just as most trolling motors, and power poles are. All of the install methods needed are less difficult than installing a power pole. Thanks for the article link, that is a nice reminder we all take as manufacturers and boat operators as well.
We are working with some manufacturers in NC. All materials will be made in the USA.

We have done some tensile strength testing but not as many as we will before the final product is produced. We plan to unveil those results on the website. I will say, we have laid the cross brace flat on two supports and have had two men (combined 430 lbs.) jumping on it, and it remained in perfect condition. Everything has a breaking point and we will discover and publish before taking to market as we have in other industries. I will say though, we have been in some pretty interesting ocean conditions and have never had any piece of the Tidalrail become loose or broken.

As far as the molded in version. we have several different designs that we feel will actually be quite nice once the molds are produced by the manufacturer and yes the rod holders wont be affected. I will be happy to discuss our factory molded in design in more detail if you are interested.
My Triton (on website) has the aftermarket versions installed and I can place rods in all 3 holders with no issue on each side.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by spanishking</i>
quote:

Thanks… but no thanks.
Good luck!

King Fish
31’ Fountain