Take your bay boat offshore...... with a TidalRail

Also,

All strength testing of final product will be conducted by a third party. TidalRail’s will be just as strong as boats bowrails and/or the side rails that have been placed on boats like key west, blue wave, skeeter, etc.

Difference being a TidalRail can be adjusted to an offshore boat height or lowered to a flush bay boat height and not in the way… This is a far improvement over other side rail options in the market today.

“If it’s saltwater, I’m in!”

I would have deleted this post a week ago and tried again with a word or two changed in the original subject line.

Maybe change the focus from “safety” to “comfort”?. It looks as though it would make fishing a little more comfortable for low gunwale boats than making it safer to go “offshore”.

Agreed… got off to a poor start…

Did in no way intend for everyone to assume that this makes a bay boat an offshore battle wagon…

yes, comfort is drastically increased with this product and the fact that it can be recessed flush and out of the way allows you to still walk on your gunwales whether stepping from a dock or chasing a tarpon.

Will update website soon as we move through our prototyping phase into the sales phase.

thanks everyone.

quote:
Originally posted by capehorn 16

I would have deleted this post a week ago and tried again with a word or two changed in the original subject line.

Casey, What you are doing is very difficult. I know so well because I am doing this myself with my products. Your posts on sites like this at this point of your products life will likely be counter productive. I don’t know where you are in the patent process, but when you throw this out there without signed NDA’s you are taking a risk if you are not past the non-provisional, or utility stage. Defending a patent is very costly - even if you are right. My experience with my products has taught me that sites like CF will mostly bring negative remarks, and ZERO sales. Speaking of sales - your product MUST SELL! We all dream of the sudden success of our ideas- but reality is that there is lots of hard work behind it. You can do all the sea trials you want - but sales are the key. I have found that the best route for me is doing trade shows. Almost every weekend I am at a show somewhere in the SE and often I sell out of everything I can carry. After putting together a trail of success, I have some big predators talking with me. I don’t know what your “roll out” plans are - but if your product will sell at a boat show, the big fish will be chasing you. I hear dealers at some shows say " we had a lot of interest" - but this does not pay the bills.

BTW - My line is a very unique gun rest and a line of range rests & shooting bags. All of my products have the proper patents & copyrights
Good luck!
WWW.no-miss.com

quote:
Originally posted by caseydog

s
oh well.

so much for grown men acting like grown men.

[/quote]

Thanks for the laughs during lunch!

So just what does a grown man act like? I’ve seen some pretty grumpy ones, sure don’t want to be like that. :smiley:

< Evil is simply the absence of God >

How well do they keep bowling balls out of the gutters?

This is an awesome forum for answers NOITALL as long as you don’t ask stupid questions. i.e. What do you think about this product that will encourage even more people to take an unsafe boat even further off on rougher days? If you can’t be out safely, you shouldn’t be out. Hitch a ride with someone on here as they’re always looking. It is a hobby that isn’t worth jeopardizing ones life in order to enjoy.

“Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance”

Grady-White 283 Release
225 Yamaha x2

Hey, the only bad publicity is NO publicity!

Russ B.
www.joinrfa.org
God is great, Beer is good, People are crazy

http://www.facebook.com/RussbMaritimeServices

I am afraid you and others have missed the purpose of the product. This is for the people (and there are alot of them) that take their bay boats offshore anyway on the right days with the right weather. It DOES increase comfort in rougher water and also safety from a falling out standpoint. I realize that a TidalRail does not modify the hull nor does it make the boat more sea worthy… but it does do alot of other things very well… believe it or not, there are people who like to fish inshore and offshore but can’t afford two boats… this will increase versatility without question on a bay boat. Just think about it before you speak. Saying that this will now give people a false sense of security and cause more accidents is reckless and innacurate.

Guns don’t kill people… it’s the operator.

quote:
Originally posted by bruisertoo

This is an awesome forum for answers NOITALL as long as you don’t ask stupid questions. i.e. What do you think about this product that will encourage even more people to take an unsafe boat even further off on rougher days? If you can’t be out safely, you shouldn’t be out. Hitch a ride with someone on here as they’re always looking. It is a hobby that isn’t worth jeopardizing ones life in order to enjoy.

“Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance”

Grady-White 283 Release
225 Yamaha x2

quote:
Originally posted by capehorn 16
quote:
Originally posted by Pluffdaddy

I added some tidal rails to my toilet. For those trips that get a little rough…

Dang I bout shat myself.:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

Same here.

quote:
Originally posted by yakman72
quote:
Originally posted by caseydog

YOU obviously have experience acting like an idiot.

get a life dude.

quote:
Originally posted by yakman72

The first person to get this is gonna get laughed out of wappoo cut! But seriously I hope nobody gets this thinking it will make thirty bowt into into an offshore battle wagon, this doesn’t make it safer, stuff.like this gives.idiots a false sense of security to do more stupid stuff!

Because of typo on my phone I need to get a life? Look I think its cool that you or you work a company that invents stuff but slot of times you have to go through "constructive" criticism to get to the good stuff. I think I need some of those on my toilet pluffdaddy!

I think he’s looking for critiques from people who have actual experience on boats, namely taking bay boats into the open water on sketchy weather days. If you wait long enough, someone will post something constructive that you can read and regurgitate to make it sound like you know what you’re talking about.

Casey, I think that they’d be great at making a bay boat more comfortable to bottom fish from in open water as I’d rather lean my knees/thighs against the gunwales as opposed to my shins. I’m not sure they’d make me feel overall more comfortable in rougher water in a bay boat but I do like the idea for bottom fishing. The adjustable rod holders would be good to

I don’t know… Sometimes you have to listen to the crowd before you invest your life savings…

quote:
Originally posted by DG34YF

Dang,

I see a post by someone claiming to “NOITALL</font id=“red”>”, open it up and all he does is poke a stick at the good folks of CF.com

Seems to be another dose of false advertising here…

Does no one else see the irony in his user name?..

quote:
Originally posted by Black Bart
quote:
Originally posted by DG34YF

Dang,

I see a post by someone claiming to “NOITALL</font id=“red”>”, open it up and all he does is poke a stick at the good folks of CF.com

Seems to be another dose of false advertising here…

Does no one else see the irony in his user name?..

Correct, irony was the inspiration for the new user name.

Exactly,

Probably would have made more sense to post this in the inshore section where there are more people who fish from bay boats.

They do mount very easily and provide much more comfort when fishing and also when riding actually. Great with kids on the boat as well when the boat is underway.

bottom fishing is also much easier and more comfortable when the proper conditions are present.

I think he’s looking for critiques from people who have actual experience on boats, namely taking bay boats into the open water on sketchy weather days. If you wait long enough, someone will post something constructive that you can read and regurgitate to make it sound like you know what you’re talking about.

Casey, I think that they’d be great at making a bay boat more comfortable to bottom fish from in open water as I’d rather lean my knees/thighs against the gunwales as opposed to my shins. I’m not sure they’d make me feel overall more comfortable in rougher water in a bay boat but I do like the idea for bottom fishing. The adjustable rod holders would be good to troll a wider spread if you’re looking to do some light duty trolling but I’d steer away from them for heavy offshore use for big fish. All in all, I think its a pretty good idea, you’ve just got a pretty defined market to dive into (bay boaters specifically). If I had a bay boat, I’d consider getting a set of these for days when I wanted to go bottom fish some open water spots.
[/quote]

I do not own a Bay Boat but do see where these things would serve a good purpose for offshore bottom fishing. But with everything is the cost going to be worth the limited use? Make sure you get the lawyers involved so the law suites don’t come your way because some bonehead took the safety issue to far and it failed.

FACT ladders have around a dozen safety stickers on them but the ladder companies get successfully sued every year.

Good luck in your venture.

A wise man once said “Do as I say not as I do” Good advice when I tell you that.

Its been a while - What has happened to Tidal Rails? I have yet to see them on a boat.

They turned them into T Top grills 3 posts down:smiley:

Just wondered. I have taken a product from prototype to the market and its a very tough thing to do. Even tougher to get into the black ink with it. Sold 6000 units in 2012.

www.no-miss.com