Take your bay boat offshore...... with a TidalRail

I’ve got a 8" high aluminum rail running down both sides of my bay boat. I didn’t put that on there, or use it to lean on when fighting a fish. It definitely does not give me any form of a sense of extra security when offshore. It does give you a nice handhold when climbing in the boat at the ramp…that’s about it. Oh yeah, and it’s pretty good place to strap your shrimp poles to.
I know it is a pretty tight walk through going around my console…seems like this thing would make it even tighter. Probably trip on it and fall in anyway.

Key West 196;150 Yammie

Life Is Good…Gotta Love It!!!

I think if you market it as comforat, rather than safety, you will do much better. I think it is a clever idea and imagine that it would provide some stability in a bay boat for rough water situations. Frankly, there have been times that I fished at the jettis in a bay boat where having some sort of additional support for me to “lock-in” my legs to the boat would be nice. However, you are talking about a very very niche market and I would think a lot of people would not want to drill holes in their boat for the rare times they get caught in rough water. I suspect these rails will make a bay boat safer while fishing out in the ocean, but I suspect most people would rather roll the dice then drill holes in their boat. Just my two cents.

The engineering and creativity that went into developing this product with the rod holders and all is great! I love it. I think you just presented it poorly here with your subject title. BUT…for the fishermen and women that have earned the title of retirement and get to spend their days on the water, yet might not be as stable on their feet in a rocking boat as they once were…or for those that are introducing young children or even handi-capped to the wonderful world of fishing. This product would comfortably meet their needs and add to their comfort level. Well done on having an idea and seeing it through. I wish you all the success.

“Immature is a word boring people use to describe fun people.”
Will Ferrell

Here is the infamous post! I checked out the USPTO ( patent office) There is “prior art” on this item going back to the 60’s

The post and comments are hilarious!

I wish tthe were pictures. I fall out of my boat offshore all the time…