Tell me you're local without saying it

1 Like

Ever eat at “Momma’s Soul Food Cooking”? 1978 or '79?

Good idea 23 ,I’ll look and see what I can find.

Sorry, didn’t mean to intrude!

1 Like

“Gotta a real nice Township there James Island. Be a shame if anything wuz to happen to it. You get my drift” Joe"Irish Mafia" Riley I need to work on that whiney nasally inflection

1 Like

Go Rocks!

If you know you know. West Ashley for life!

1 Like

I was a Navy brat so we moved every 2 years or so. I was always so envious of other kids that had known each other since kindergarten. I decided I wanted my kids to live in the same place and grow up with the same kids so they could have something me and my siblings never had. Nice try. They say they wish they could have been all the places I lived and seen all that I have seen. Oh well.

1 Like

How many long standing generations of natives in Charleston do you think Joe destroyed? So many inherited a home that they could no longer afford to pay property taxes because of Joe. He had an agenda and by goodness he screwed over many to make it. I’m sure those moving into those areas loved it. Several generations of lives destroyed over those not liking others that do not have as much and thought they were unworthy of a nice location in prime real-estate.

Everybody was “Hey Bo”, no fake stuff like the shirts today. Real sincerity.

Searching for quarters under the Pavilion on Edisto to play pinball

Jumping out the tree at Westbank landing.

Cruising Jefferies Blvd and circling the Sonic… . over and over and over

1 Like

Joe Riley makes me sickatated!

Go Razorbacks!!!

What was that word from Q107 many, many years ago?
afathearottamears (sp?) Something like that. Never revealed what the hell it meant either. Also, wasn’t the Love Dr on htat channel at like 9pm each night?

The best was Taylor & Todd in the morning on 96 WAVF! Those guys were nuts. And that’s also when The Critic could be considered cool.

1 Like

Here you go Half

1 Like

my “I survived Hurricane Hugo tshirt”, and the berkeley county library books that never got returned, and the charleston Rainbows.

YES! When they played at the dump stadium by the Citadel. Wow I forgot about that

1 Like

Oh also when the Mark Clark opened.
The navy base was still fully operational.
Wild wing cafe was the new thing downtown
And the party scene was market street.

I do miss some 96wave. Wave fest was awesome, started on a flatbed at brittlebank park.

2 Likes

Oh the Montgomery Ward at mall drive, with the drive in theater behind it.
Also had one in Moncks Corner where I was from as a child.

Used to really enjoy going to the Sam Soloman Store downtown when I was young. GEX in north area and Grant City West.

Was driving back tonight from Mama Kim’s downtown. Triggered my memory or Mrs Kittys diner downtown. Anyone remember that one?