Tell me you're local without saying it

I remember Mrs Kitty’s.
The Naval Base. Hanging out in the Sam’s parking lot, Hotwheels on James Island, piggly wiggly,red &white, Harris Legit drug store, Toby’s bait and tackle.
When coming back home from a trip outta town, smelling the pluff mud,you knew that you would be almost home.

Dangit

1 Like

Hogpenny, Mommas Money or Daddys Money at the Market. Also Mishgans(sp). Blue Marlin a block over from the Market

every day in the summers of HS headed back from folly we would stop at that taco bell by chick-fil-a and get like 10 beef meximelts, drinks, and a mexican pizza for like $8 - $10. man i loved that taco bell

LOL… I remember going to taco bell and getting .39 tacos and .59 bean burritos… 1987ish? One night a week had the special. we always joked they were getting ride of old stuff… Maybe?

There used to be a Deli on King Street near the Coll. of Chas. It was owned by a sweet older Jewish lady. She introduced this small town boy to a Reuben Sandwich. I’ve loved those ever since.

You’re showing your age. My tacos were $.49

Sonny don’t turn nobody down Mcants. Drive safely we want you to get here.

Roberts BBQ Remount and Rivers, Tuckers Billiards on remount… Po’ Folks… Stardust…

I thought it was Clarence don’t turn nobody down.haha

I remember Sonny Goldberg

2 Likes

“Cars are like eggs, they’re cheaper in the country”

1 Like

players place in west ashley

Dixie’ll do it… cuz Dixie doooooooooooooon’t care!

2 Likes

Don’t forget Mama Kate’s and The Target on the dual lane,also known as Rivers Avenue

Summerville speedway

1 Like

88…88 That’s better than grits and gravy.

1 Like

Charlie Hall reporting on the approach of Hurricane Hugo. He was terribly worried and concerned about the impact of the storm. Channel 5 had to relocate from downtown because of anticipated flooding.

Sometime after the storm, the competition ran a billboard ad with Rob Fowlers face on it, “Saying they would never abandon its TV viewers”. I thought that was kinda of a low blow.

Met Charlie Hall as a kid out at the Walterboro Airport. He was an avid skydiver. They were using the older round type of parachute then. Met him again about 10 or 12 years later in '76 when he was hosting a “What’s on Your Mind” type of interview show. He was at the Walterboro city parking lot. I cut class during lunch and got interviewed by him. What was the topic I brought up, " having to cut class to get something decent to eat for lunch since the school lunch was so crummy" It aired that night. One of my teachers asked me about that interview the next day.

Charlie Hall always seemed to be a genuinely neat down to earth guy.

1 Like

momma used car commercials her and the “son” were hilarous.

1 Like

Might as well bring up Happy Raine. I was trying to find a picture where the kids were on there but these women around here love to throw everything away.

2 Likes