Tell me you're local without saying it

Meeting her for the first time at a visit to our elementary school, our first TV star, everybody was excited. Couldn’t help but notice her overbite.

1 Like

wow… forgot about that one… l Had to sit through the nonsense to see Ultra Man!

Shoot, Ultra Man was skeery sometimes. He almost got killed a bunch!

You couldn’t do that show now, it would be racist or cultural appropriation.

I had forgotten all about that show though.

1 Like

Best commercial of all times. Man is sitting in car when a bad guy approaches, Presses a button on the dash named “trunk monkey”. A chimp jumps out of the trunk with a crowbar. Can`t remember the dealer but they promised one with every car sold.

1 Like

Hey that’s my car :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sman is right, it was Clarence don`t turn nobody down Macants , and Sonny " the old king street singer 'Goldberg. Guess the perfume from Westvaco clouded my memory.

1 Like

Y’all binyuh longer, but I saw the “I Beat Burger” bumper stickers all over town when I was a kid. Then I grew up and got to know Ken through some of his lifelong friends.

True people person, saw him at a party and he introduced his fifth wife as “my fifth wife”… no name. Then he said “but also my last”. He was right. She must’ve been a very patient woman.

After he passed, one of his buddies since childhood said Ken was the only guy to ever lose in the real estate game in Charleston because every time he got divorced he lost the house too and started over

2 Likes

Big O Chevrolet. James Oldsmobile Gene Reed Toyota.
Geralds Tire—wheeeeee just havin fun.

Don’t forget Big O Dodge right here in Walterboro.

Since this is a fishing sight, let’s not forget our head boats. The Thunderstar and Clipper and their death from whale protection and harvest limits… or that’s the story I heard. Can’t beat $100 to go offshore and not have to worry about boat clean up. Never did the overnight trip.

Watching the other fishers on the boat was reason enough to go. Some would get so excited bringing fish into the boat! Others arguing who’s fish it was when lines would get tangled, some chumming over the rails and then sitting out the entire ship begging everyone to return to shore, good times!

Manifest Discs and Tapes

1 Like

wasn’t there cat’s music also?

letting :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: dogs on :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: beaches

i rode those boats with my dad too Fred. I heard the Thunderstar was sold to the gulf to work oil rigs way back when. Last one i went on here was the Silver Dolphin i think?

are there still any head boats that run out of Capt Dick’s in Murrell’s? I would love to go on an old school bottom fishing trip just for the memories!

2 Likes

No Name Cafe , Garden and Gun, Derrieres . Stokes when he was a brick mason and sold used motorcycles.

Yes indeed! :muscle:

There used to be a Miniature golf “Pitch and Putt” West of the Ashley on Hwy 17 on the southbound side. It went out of business eventually and I think Morris Datsun moved on to the premises. My grandmother’s sister lived on the other side of the highway across from Shoneys. House is gone now, little strip mall there now. What was the name of drug store just west of the Ashley River Bridge, they had all kinds of fishing tackle in there when I was a kid, that was my main shopping/looking at interest whenever we stopped there. I think it’s a paint store now? I remember going out one of the head boats when I was real little. Seem like all we caught was a bunch of little Black Sea Bass? Vague memories.

Garden & Gun? downtown Charleston

There was a waterslide down Hwy17 just before the Main Rd intersection that was awesome! The pool for the campground is in its place now.
DIXIE’ll do it cause DIXIE Don’t Care!
$8888 - Getcha off your heels and put you into some wheels!

1 Like