Tell me you're local without saying it

dangit. this was there 8yrs ago… how time has flown.

sorry to hear they’re closing.

3 Likes

Hey @Fripp got me a new case had to go do some surveillance west of Walterboro and when I headed back home 95 was stopped

What in the world happened?

Chinese spy balloon embarrassingly crashed near Yeah-massey? One of the potholes opened into a sink-hole. A New Jersey-ian stopped for directions. LGBTQ deer had a sit in protest on the inner-state. Air farce one ran out of fuel and did an emergency landing on the highway…??

Gridlock on 95 seems to be getting pretty commonplace.

Hope you stopped at Dukes fer sum friied shicken…

The blue moon saloon on Coleman

Running through the hangar deck of the Yorktown and tripping over the thousands of tie-downs, the first week she arrived in the Lowcountry.
Ike Speights Phillip 76 station on Coleman, across from The Blue Hawaiian restaurant. The floating Scarlet O’Hara restaurant downtown. Bert’s Bar, Big John’s ……

Shem Creek when you could nearly walk across the entire creek and never step off a shrimp boat.

Jumping off the range marker at entrance of Shem Creek

The floating ski jump in the bay at the back of Jeanette Creek

The man that lived on the hummock behind Sullivan’s Island

Turkey shoot on the causeway just before Sullivan’s, they actually handed the winner a frozen turkey.

Mt. Pleasant Boat Building Company

Gene White’s Texaco at Breech Inlet bridge

Red Wing Rollerway

Water slide on Ben Sawyer next to Pages Thieves market

7-11 on Ben Sawyer

Channel 4 station on Ben Sawyer

Sam Solomon’s on East Bay Street

Western Auto in Sea Island shopping center

KFC on Coleman

Piggy Park on Coleman

DQ on Coleman, later the Fish-Shrimp House

The Lorelei restaurant

Hardee’s on Coleman

Bash Rip Rocks on 17

Bolbie wins

1 Like

I rode the Coburg cow!

My middle brother got into big trouble for doing that.

I rode the cow too ! Couple of other things… M Dumas and sons when most of downtown Charleston was boarded up and empty. The best dove shooting I`ve ever done is where the Yorktown is now on Mount Pleasant. Burger Chef in Goose Creek. Rembert Dennis boat ramp outside of Monks Corner, you could buy moonshine out of the trunk of a car on Friday nights if you came in late from fishing.

1 Like

that’s awesome!

You’re showing your age…that’s where my parents met. :open_mouth:

Oh I could tell you some stories about my family and the Dennis family…over a drink one day.

I would like to come!! I’ll pay for the drinks! Pick a good spot and I’ll buy the appetizers as well.

Sorry to revive an old thread but dang this brings up some memories. I miss Wavefest and Birthday Bash. I was too young to participate in most “activities” then but luckily 96wave hired all the downtown bar bouncers to work the shows. My best friends brother was one of them, he was a bouncer at Portside and Silver Dollar. Needless to say we had a good time. I met Theo Von (yeah the rat king) at birthday bash one year. Good times for sure!

Your best friends brother probably threw me out of the silver slipper once or twice.haha

haha were you the guy that went threw the front glass?!?!

Limehouse gas station at the foot of the Ashley river bridge. We used to by Penrose sausage and block ice there.

Thanks C
I forgot about that.
Wasn’t there a seafood place near there also?

Hey 16 , I never went through the front window,we always went peacefully. I had sense enough to know that we did not want to fight stone cold sober bouncers in our condition.haha

1 Like