That Time Again

I used to have them come to my feeders at home and at the office. But they disappeared several years ago. They were always real kinda skittish on the feeders. One time time saw a male with about four or five fledglings. They were all over daddy wanting food.

Brownheaded cowbirds are a real menace to yardbirds. I’d shoot every cowbird I saw.

Used to hear those and whippoorwills(?) when we had our place on the Edisto River upriver from Givhans. Barred owls were pretty boisterous too. Fun to listen to.

1 Like

So, no tournament =no fish fry?

What y’all gonna eat?

I hate those cowbirds. You’re right, they’re a menace.

So is my RWS…:wink:

Hey Stump, if y’all miss out on the fish fry, you should run over to Waterloo, and grab some , fried, chicken livers, and homemade Mac&cheese, from Nu- Way, on hwy 221.

I don’t hear them around here, Moncks Corner/Cypress Garden area, but I hear them on my land in Cross, and always hear them at Santee.

Sorry Stump, not trying to derail your thread!

Let me know if/when you’re doing the veggie pack. I’ll send you the secrets…:grin:

Catfish, bass, shellcracker, frog legs and shrimp all getting ready for the grease bath after the buttermilk dredge…

Waynes doing dirty rice this year instead of red rice… the meats are the beginning…

3 Likes

The rain has finally stopped. Almost 40 hours later haha

1 Like

Did get in a couple good naps though so no complaints!

2 Likes

2 Likes

I know y’all know how to get things done.

1 Like

Nice to see the “fun” coming back!

Keep it up folks!

Amen, and I agree. Let’s get this place back to its former glory.

I know most people don’t know me, and I haven’t posted much, but I’m one of the original members.

I’ll do my part to help, and thanks for everyone’s efforts to help make this a success!

2 Likes

Eating good… now about to try some top water again

1 Like

:flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

Didnt make it for topwater tonight… ate too much… I’m stuffed

3 Likes

You’re killing me, brother. Looks great!

2 keeps so far… lunch time!

Winner winner brisket dinner! Big fish and most fish with 2 fish big at 2.2lbs lol… got em!

Congratulations buddy. I had a feeling…!:grin: