the man in white and the man in blue

quote:
Originally posted by ktpusateri

Your son and you have zero common sense…Apple doesnt fall far from the tree…Stick to bass fishing please, and leave these amazing billfish to those that respect, and know how to handle and PROPERLY release these magnificent creature. Hope your boat sinks, jackass…

“If you can’t stand behind our soldiers, then try standing in front of them”

I poked a little earlier on ya jelly but all in good fun Don't worry about jackleg responces like the 1 above Ol ktputs must not spend much time on the water cause if he did he'd never wish something like that on another fisherman Don't see you doing much wrong raisin your boy either wish my dad coulda put me on some marlin as a teenager Keep the reports coming and remember kill the green ones and swim the blue ones

Learn from your mistakes. Ive caught my share of billfish and everytime we released, the boat was in moving forward to get water flowing through its gills and when we let the fish go, he swam off, not floated upside down. Thats common sense. IF you catch another, do not release it like the last and if you do…do not post it on this site. Nice catch for your first trip, not so nice of a release. But learn from it.

How to properly release a billfish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGQeFNem3II

Nicely said dandaman

quote:
Originally posted by Bolbie

Shevlin told them how they should have done it,he deleted for some reason.

meant to edit it…not sure how that happened!

“I’d hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.”
Hunter S. Thompson

quote:
Originally posted by jellyfishII

I am a rookie, I have caught alot of fish on lakes of santee, these were my first two billfish in my life, as I said, son was my only mate, and he has never been offshore before. We were fishing for dolphin, I know now what i should have done, I will never make this mistake again. My son and I were on top of the world for the last two day, but we both feel horrible about this mistake now. this web sight is too tough for us and you will never here from me again.Thanks for many lessons.

Have you ever watched a Sunday morning fishing show that wasnt about Jimmy Houston or Bill Dance. Hell I bet they even have had shows that show them releasing a billfish.

If the comedy channel on your XM goes out switch your VHF to 68.

Now you know and I’m sure you wont do that again. Look forward to your next post. I hope you have as much luck.

“Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance”

Hey 00shotgun, me and my son and some of his buddies want to invite you to go fishing with us, so you can show us how to “properly” release a marlin. When can you go, Free of charge. letus know.

hope the luck continues and you continue to learn. We’ve all had our share of blunders. classic case of less info is better.

Now for the smart comment: Exception to the potmouse phrase…we have now seen a fish swim backwards.

Jelly,

All fishing is a learning experience. I am glad you and your son had a great day.

I know the next time you will work on the release.

Get a good pair of pliers for the hook next time.

big dog

I did get misty eyed on the rascal.

big dog

Rookie mistake but not the end of the world nice catch just learn from your mistakes and I think Yall did

grab the gaff and another cold beer

An anyone who wishes another man’s boat would sink is a piece of s#@t

Jelly don’t worry about what any of these folks say you just enjoy your catch with your son and the feeling you had Sunday on the dock when you were telling me about your day . A few of these same folks made comments about our Miami trip in Jan. So, no report about the April trip let’em stay on the hill and read about what other people catch:stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if the replies would be different if the video was posted and then Jelly asked what he could have done different.

Like no one else has ever done something that is not the best or safest for the fish if it is released…

http://reeldawgs.blogspot.com/

quote:
Originally posted by jellyfishII

Hey 00shotgun, me and my son and some of his buddies want to invite you to go fishing with us, so you can show us how to “properly” release a marlin. When can you go, Free of charge. letus know.

Jelly thats how you handle us enter net tuff guys:wink: Hell if blowgun dont take you up on the offer from the looks of what you got to the side of the boat maybe this ol dog needs to learn a few tricks :smiley:
quote:
Originally posted by big jigger

An anyone who wishes another man’s boat would sink is a piece of s#@

I have to agree with big jigger. Never wish a man’s boat to sink.

Everyone makes mistakes because of ignorance. Ignorance is not knowing - stupid is knowing and not caring. These guys were obviously ignorant as to how to properly release the marlin - you can hear someone on the video asking after the marlin went belly up, " now what do we do ?". I’m ignorant of things about offshore fishing and flying a stealth bomber to name a couple things. Who here knows everything or even close to everything…?

Give’m a break - I bet it won’t happen again.

2000 Sea Pro 255 CC
250 Johnson Ocean Pro

" Always have a plan. "

Hey 00shotgun, my people tell me that you dont even have a boat, and you have never caught a marlin all by your self, all you have is a computer and a big mouth. let me know when want go gofishing , me and my son will show you how to catch one and you can show how us how to to release it. please let me know when you can go old buddy.

If I ever catch one I’m gonna hang it high just like the Japanese

Rb you are a beast

Darn!! All you old salty “experts”, yet not one of you has mentioned keelhauling, although there has been a great deal of verbal flogging. Not to mention that since some of you self serving SOB’s dish out crap on here with the cloak anonominity that I believe would never happen face to face. Isn’t that the height of backbone. The guy apologized, his son is obviously very young. If you want a world where people don’t make mistakes, try the next life, that might be the ticket. Get ya’lls panties out of your a$$ and get over it. Can’t unscramble eggs.
Come on Jelly, I’ll go fishin’ with ya’ll any day.

“Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.” Ronald Reagan

Jelly

Congrats on your catch. Just keeping the fishs head in the water will go along way