thieves

This morning daddy was up getting ready to go in the creek…it was around 0400,said he thought he heard something so went out on the back porch just in time to see someone down the road a bit pedaling off on the brown and white cruiser type Schwinn I had bought for him:frowning_face:

I hate a thief!
I am glad that he didn’t take off after him though…thieves don’t want to get caught and will use whatever means not to be…
A bike can be replaced…my daddy cant.

I told mom to post a big sign out front of their house that said,to the person that was kind enough to try not to wake us when you “borrowed” bubbys bike…thank you…but please kindly return it now:imp:
if you are in mccellanville and see one about…give us a shout. daddy said it looked to be a tall man in a orange or red shirt

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Dang, Penny, sorry to read that. Hope it shows back up!!! Hate a thief!!

Hows your back??

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Penny your one of the good ones and I hate to see that happened to you. You for sure did the right thing by not running after the scum bag that took your pops bike. More often than not people like that are wacked out of their minds and have a long rap sheet and will do what they have to to not go back to jail. That SOB will have to answer for his crimes sooner or later.:imp: Like you said no bike is worth getting hurt over or even worse. Take care.

I hate a thief too, but this is right on…

quote:
Like you said no bike is worth getting hurt over or even worse.

What would be even worse would be having to hurt or kill the thief. A bike ain’t worth getting hurt over, nor is worth hurting someone over. It’s just a bike. Not many things I’ll fight about anymore, and a bike isn’t on that short list.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

I hate a thief too, but this is right on…

quote:
Like you said no bike is worth getting hurt over or even worse.

What would be even worse would be having to hurt or kill the thief. A bike ain’t worth getting hurt over, nor is worth hurting someone over. It’s just a bike. Not many things I’ll fight about anymore, and a bike isn’t on that short list.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I disagree, it doesn’t hurt my feelings at all if a thief gets hurt. Stealing is a lazy man’s game, especially in this day where your government will give you just about anything you could want on a silver platter.

What about your car? Is someone stealing your car worthy for you to fight for it?

May all your favorite bands stay together…

A man will fight over 3 things! Food, women, pride! That’s, if he is sober, when drunk, anything will do :face_with_head_bandage:

quote:
What about your car? Is someone stealing your car worthy for you to fight for it?

No. That’s why I have Allstate. I’ll fight for my wife, my son, my friends, my dogs, innocent bystanders, or for myself. I’ll fight for you or my country. I know how to fight and kill very effectively, I’ve been trained well and stay prepared to do so, but I would not do it over my car, or any replaceable material possession. Take the car. I don’t care. Take the money too. I aint got enough on me to matter. Neither are worth dying or killing for. I’ve seen enough of both to last me forever. You just ain’t taking me or mine. That’s all I will fight over. But if I have to, I plan on winning.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

We just got to have lunch one day!

quote:
quote:

No. That’s why I have Allstate. I’ll fight for my wife, my son, my friends, my dogs, innocent bystanders, or for myself. I know how to fight and kill very effectively, I’ve been trained well and stay prepared to do so, but I would not do it over my car, or any replaceable material possession. Take the car. I don’t care. Take the money too. I aint got enough on me to matter. Neither are worth dying or killing for. I’ve seen enough of both to last me forever. You just ain’t taking me or mine. That’s all I will fight over. But if I have to, I plan on winning.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Well said, and sage advice my friend.

Kill a man for material things sounds like great revenge. However, even if you are found not guilty, it’ll take year(s) in the court, and those are year(s) of your life you can’t get back…

Hell, they can have my dog too… Maybelle is liable to wake up and get jiggy with them if she doesn’t get her midnight belly rub and treat… That dog is like a cold hearted killer for her attention and vittles… They’ll bring her back fo sho after one night…

RBF

“Make America Sane Again.”

quote:
quote:

No. That’s why I have Allstate. I’ll fight for my wife, my son, my friends, my dogs, innocent bystanders, or for myself. I know how to fight and kill very effectively, I’ve been trained well and stay prepared to do so, but I would not do it over my car, or any replaceable material possession. Take the car. I don’t care. Take the money too. I aint got enough on me to matter. Neither are worth dying or killing for. I’ve seen enough of both to last me forever. You just ain’t taking me or mine. That’s all I will fight over. But if I have to, I plan on winning.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I don't think I've ever seen truer words on this forum.
quote:
quote:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Well said; I respect that. I pray I’m as mature as you someday. I don’t think I am today.

quote:
Well said; I respect that. I pray I'm as mature as you someday. I don't think I am today.

Thank you. 40 years ago I wasn’t either. Not even close. But time and experience tempers the soul.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Hey Pen I know your father and he is a great man, I used to crab those same creeks. I live in the area and will keep a sharp lookout for the thief and bike. Only got to go by a few select homes to probably narrow the search. MCVL takes care of it’s own.

quote:
quote:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Well said Sir. I used to fight over almost anything. After multiple deployments and a lot of killing only a few things get me riled up and you named them all. I’ve got to much blood on my hands to kill over material things that are replaceable. Most who talk the 'I’d kill them" talk over petty stuff have never actually had to deal with the reality of knowing you ended someone’s life. I ended a lot of lives and still have very mixed emotions about it.

quote:
Most who talk the 'I'd kill them" talk over petty stuff have never actually had to deal with the reality of knowing you ended someone's life. I ended a lot of lives and still have very mixed emotions about it.

Pippin, me too, and I still see every face every night when I go to sleep. I’ve got enough to answer to Lord about one day. I never want to add another one to it. I will if I have to, but only if I have to.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:
quote:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Well said; I respect that. I pray I’m as mature as you someday. I don’t think I am today.

I think you just need to be kicked in the head for wanting to shoot someone in the back over a bicycle...

If it’s not a matter of life or death, then you shouldn’t be “bussin’ caps” on people…

In the end, you would have to sleep at night knowing that you killed someone over a bicycle…

PS, it’s time to change your login name to “23GoAheadMakeMyDay”…

If anyone wants to steal my boat, it’s insured for “replacement cost”… :wink: I promise I will not shoot anyone… Heck, I might even just keep walking by like I didn’t see anything at all…

quote:
Originally posted by skinneej
quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish
quote:
quote:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I think you just need to be kicked in the head for wanting to shoot someone in the back over a bicycle...

If it’s not a matter of life or death, then you shouldn’t be “bussin’ caps” on people…

In the end, you would have to sleep at night knowing that you killed someone over a bicycle…

PS, it’s time to change your login name to “23GoAheadMakeMyDay”…

If anyone wants to steal

quote:
In the end, you would have to sleep at night knowing that you killed someone over a bicycle..

While you are sleeping on a cot in a cozy jail cell.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
quote:
In the end, you would have to sleep at night knowing that you killed someone over a bicycle..

While you are sleeping on a cot in a cozy jail cell.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

More like being in a jail cell arguing with some crazy ass killer standing 6’5" weighing 275 named cupcake over who gets the bottom bunk…

RBF

“Make America Sane Again.”

I could probably handle Cupcake, but I couldn’t handle being locked in a cage for 20 years.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper