This caught me off guard

Went to land to put out a camera, and had some trash to dump at local dumpster site.

I will preface this with saying I wish I would have took a pic first.

Anyway, there was an old open suitcase looking item with probably 15 or more books.

Covers were pretty rough.

While moving stuff around. I noticed a large red colored book on bottom. The cover to it was good shape.

Wow,it was a Bible.

More later…

NN

71184407804__D35F7C18-B234-4CAC-A989-E85C9CE9A83C

1 Like

What a cool find. I looked on ebay, they aren’t that rare, from the mid 50’s

but like I said,cool find

Sweet!
Keep us in the loop.
Family Bibles are a true recount of our history.
And, are accepted as a formal track to one’s lineage.

We had a family Bible that dated back to the 1800. We passed it off to one of my aunt’s. Where we know it will stay in the family and being taken care of.

Back when we had the open road side dumpsters, Dad would always snoop around. Crazy the stuff he would find. Brought me back four shoe boxes of baseball/football cards and one time a Honda mini trail 50 that my Uncle rebuild for me. Mom called it “buzzard picking”, she hated it! Boards, fence, lawn mowers, if it looked like it could be fixed he’d bring it back home. The amount of nails he made me pull and straighten would stagger you. He grew up hard, left mom able to live out her life in comfort though.

2 Likes

Bible thumping dumpster divers! WooHoo

Hey that second pic has Jesus knocking on heavens door, how do we know he was a white dude with flowing locks of hair, and not a black man with an afro?

White dude, black dude? Answer the question bruh…

This is where I turn my other cheek

TTYL, hope you have a blessed day.

According to the Bible, Jesus was Jewish, so he probably had dark hair, and a dark (olive) complexion.

No descriptions, of him living, are given in the Bible. Only after the resurrection.

Mary was white, like the driven snow, so theres that. Actually I dont know that to be a fact, but as a kid growing up in rural Appalachia i heard it a lot.

Gary Magdaline is what I heard

IMG_6257

It’s not dumpster diving, it’s Buzzard picking… Get it straight. Some of us were not born with a silver spoon in our mouth from Daddies money.

What would it matter what color Jesus is? Did it ever occur to you he may be seen differently by different people… just a thought. Dude what changed your perspective from a Youth that attended Church regularly to your utter hate of all things Related to GOD?

I think you have your “Mary’s” confused, Sir?
One was a whore, whom Jesus befriended.
The other was a virgin, and, also his mother.

At least, as I remember it?

“I think you have your “Mary’s” confused, Sir?” Yes sir.

I’m no biblical scholar, more of a look at all of God’s creations and feel reverence and awe for them and know all this was not from Chaos but designed / created. I believe it is a long standing fictional account of Mary Magdalene being a repentant whore. Why she got this label I don’t know. It is written that Jesus saved her from possession by demons in the Gospels of Mark and Luke. It is also written that she was most likely a wealthy lady and supported Jesus’s missions. We’ll all know one day, burn in Hell, or just poof out like Bolbie believes and none of this will matter.

I may be wrong too Fred?

But, wasn’t it Mary of Bethany who Jesus exorcised the demons from?

I am no Biblical Scholar, either!

Just trying to recall the hellfire, and brimstone teachings I endured in a Southern Baptist Church, in my youth…LOL

Mary of Bethany? first ive heard of this… Lot’s of Mary’s back then.

didn’t expect that out of you. More insight.

Now what are you babbling about?

You got a snoot full again and overlooking obvious schitt?

Go to bed, sober up, and try keeping up

what would I be overlooking… a joke about Jesus being named Gary? Just don’t see the humor in that one. Certain things I don’t care for joking about, but please carry on sir. I’ve heard much much worse. Probably even said a lot worse at one point or another. Not Judging in any means, just gaining insight to a Man in his Golden years sense of humor.