This could be a fun little project

Peppertree North Myrtle Beach. stairwells are about 50 years old made of steel. 2 sets going back with aluminum.

Hey mixed nuts.
What’s up with your house/barn??

I’ll post some pics tomorrow. The owner has me in a stale mate.
He had enough money to make a good start.
Now in limbo, waiting on his house to sell.

I have at least 6 barns waiting on me…

Working my ass off, with not much help!

Need you a couple amigos…
They don’t get the Monday morning flu. They will work Saturdays and Sundays. They’re pretty much always on time. They have transportation. They’re not holding their hand out Monday morning wanting to borrow money. Ask a carpenter to help tote shingles don’t get any lip. Not bumming cigarettes. Hardly any of them smoke.
Go to the restaurant with them and order off their menu.

1 Like

OTC, you bring up a good point in our modern labor force. We’ve tried 4 skidder operators in as many months. Finally got a younger boy the a clean driving record (clean enough to go on our insurance) that comes to work every morning and does “ok”. We’ve been through a handful of truck drivers not willing to dedicate to the early mornings and occasional late afternoons needed to be on top. As long as those amigo’s have a work visa I’m all for it. Slowly changing to screw it, if American’s won’t work and you can’t beat em, join em.

I know that feeling… don’t burn yourself out, though. It’s tough not to do, I know. Looking forward to the pics too

Here’s a couple of pics.

You can tell from the shading of the framing, I’ve been here too long.

Owner makes changes almost daily…

That’s a very clean looking construction job.

This won’t be here this afternoon.

Where the removed stairs going? Fred wanted me to ask you if you could set them on his farm for a deer stand?

OTC, y’all get the metal scrap off that stuff?

If I ever get around to putting a roof, floor, and sides on my “observation” stand those stairs would be nice. Had my son sink 5 of these big rascals about 4 years ago 6 feet down and 25’ up and they are still standing bare. I think if I could talk the wife into harvesting a few deer I might have more enthusiasm to finish up the project. The Grands are now pushing me to build it as a club house for them. Maybe I will and when the wife goes up north to visit family, I’ll have my time with the deer.

I set poles with a digger truck for AT&T doing disaster relief after Hurricane Ike in Galvaston/Houston in 08’. Some of the ground was so sandy that we had to used air and water to set the pole as the hole would collapse just from the auger… good times!

They’re taking the scrap with them.
I think scrap steals about 15 cents a pound right now. I would imagine this thing weighs around 6,000 lb.
These stairs are worthless. Should have been condemned several years ago. We bid the job about 4 years ago originally. Around $180,000.
It’s right at a half a million now.
I think there must be a little gold in structural aluminum now

Anytime time gas is up, recycled metals prices are too. #1 copper is over 3$lb last I saw a month ago

I got a truck load of copper and aluminum to haul one of these days.

I carried a good bit of stuff a couple months ago

Salt water atmosphere… yea, it needs to be replaced. :face_with_peeking_eye:

Cancer got those pretty bad.

I thought of OTC in traffic earlier when this tripped my OCD… does this bother the heck out of anybody else? Backup camera is center, missed it with the decal AND the led strip

Hey Fred, can’t tell to well, but make sure those poles are still stable…underground rot has injured many folk’s. Dig down a bit and test it with some type of probe, screwdriver, something.

Don’t mean to be critical, just thinking ahead…looks sketchy to me, and 4 years in the ground…

NN