Too Close

Fished around Daufuskie and Hilton Head Saturday. Caught 30+ trout on trout tricks had 10 15-18" and 15 reds up to 30". The guys pictured thought it was cool to motor up close enough for me to throw a trout trick in their boat and anchor right on top of the trout. I mean literally dropped the anchor right were we had just caught several fish and looked at me like I was crazy. There are plenty of places to catch fish so we moved on but this kind of stuff

Seems like some people don’t follow the Golden Rule. Karma will get them.

yeah your not alone Friday I was fishing and had the same exact thing happen and by the end of the day there was three boats within 100 yds of us. Yes we were there first but people just don’t seem to care much these days.

That is when you start partying!!! Start making friends …Ask them have they caught anything(yelling),do they know some good spots to fish…Ask them if they ran out of gas and need help(why else would they stop so close to you?) move closer to them and sling the anchor out…make alot of noise, Ask if they have something to drink etc etc etc…Dont be rude just obvious and never never get angry Have some payback fun. Ask them for some live bait,then start throwing your cast net … DUMB deserves DUMBER!

quote:
Originally posted by BigSkrimpin

Fished around Daufuskie and Hilton Head Saturday. Caught 30+ trout on trout tricks had 10 15-18" and 15 reds up to 30". The guys pictured thought it was cool to motor up close enough for me to throw a trout trick in their boat and anchor right on top of the trout. I mean literally dropped the anchor right were we had just caught several fish and looked at me like I was crazy. There are plenty of places to catch fish so we moved on but this kind of stuff drives me crazy.

^^ I like that answer

Best thing to do these days is to just look at them and shake your head in a disapproving manner and move on to another spot. Maybe a word or 20 about being courteous to your fellow boater when fishing creeks like that. Also I hope you made a few casts in their direction to let them know you were cutoff by them anchoring there. Bonus if you pull a fish from under their boat.

www.advoutdoors.com
It is what it is!

Not unlike the guy the other day at Limehouse landing. I had my boat moored up to the dock and about to trailer it, and there were three empty lanes… he could have picked any of the three. Instead, he backed his boat/trailer down the one I was moored in, and I was in my truck backing out of the parking spot. I backed my truck close to the lane beside them, stood and stared at them for a good couple minutes.

I finally backed down into the lane beside them and trailered the boat, but I had to walk it around the pier and winch it up onto the trailer (motor trouble, wasn’t going to drive it up on the trailer).

“Sire, it belongs in truth to the Church of God, in whose name I speak, to endure blows and not to inflict them. But it will also please your Majesty to remember that she is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.”…Theodore Beza

That is a great spot!

Captain Jess Haynes
www.sc-redfishcharters.com
843-368-1413

www.keelshield.com

I had a dude motoring by me while I was catching a nice red. He slowed down and saw me boat the fish, then motored within casting distance from me along the bank where I hooked the fish. He turned the motor off and asked if he was far enough away. I was not happy and the tone of my voice revealed that as I said “you just rode up on top of where I hooked that fish”. So, he cranked the motor and busted the throttle wide open, did a donut and ran off. Now there is a courteous sportsman with real character.
O.C.

“Junk always sounds best.”

I’m waiting on someone to post the picture of the people anchored beside them taking a picture of the people anchored beside them. Once a guy asked us if we “wanted to get in the boat with him” because we were getting “close” to him(it was on a lake). I wasn’t a smart a back then so I wasn’t sure how to handle the situation with words…I kept catching schooling fish. We’ve also had people pull right on top of us and we’d catch fish out from under their boat and they wouldn’t catch anything. If you’re friends it’s one thing, but if not I’ll make a note in my mind to come back. I just feel sorry for someone if they come back to a spot I was sitting on :frowning: suckers

Ok - please break this down for us guys that are used to a ton of fishing pressure… where this is normal behavoir. In many other areas people can and do fish more than one boat to a hole, its actually fairly common and if done correctly - everyone can catch fish.

Its fine if one sees a boat drifting a bank or known fishing hole (and dont ever think its your hole), watches what the boat is doing, then works into the pattern. Is that a big no-no in this area?

What happened to the days when boaters were more courteous? Oh those days are gone. I bet those guys thought you were in their top secret spot so they just moved into THEIR spot. Better to be the bigger man and just move on with a nice glance that says F@#k you. By the way love the pic.

A wise man once said “Do as I say not as I do” Good advice when I tell you that.

When I intend on fishing hard, I try to do it during the week instead of the weekends–especially during the warmer months. There are too my idiots on the water that have absolutely no respect for other fisherman. With the vasts amounts of water in the Charleston area, there is no reason to pull up within casting distance of a fisherman already fishing a spot. The early bird gets the worm as the old saying goes. I hate stupid people, and I hate stupid LAZY people more. Find your own fish and leave others alone. I don’t know about you guys, but fishing is where I go to leave stress and the complicated life behind–if only for a little while.

2012 Skeeter ZX22 Bay
Yamaha 250 hp SHO
Minnkota Riptide 101

This picture that you so RUDELY took, is of my stepdad. Since I was about the age of 13, we have always fished in that spot, and we do every time we go on the water in Hilton Head. It seems like YOU’RE more of a troll than anyone. Only trolls post pictures of people bashing them on forms of social media. When you get a deed to owning that spot of the ocean, do let me know richest man in the world. I’m 19 and even I know better than to act a fool on a forum. You should be ashamed, and handled this like any other sensible man would have. It never hurts to ask someone to leave instead of pouting like a 10 year old. How about you make this your new “golden rule” and have karma be me giving you this reality check. So bless your heart and have a nice day.

Looks like Stepdad taught you well, get a clue.

quote:
Originally posted by HannahK

This picture that you so RUDELY took, is of my stepdad. Since I was about the age of 13, we have always fished in that spot, and we do every time we go on the water in Hilton Head. It seems like YOU’RE more of a troll than anyone. Only trolls post pictures of people bashing them on forms of social media. When you get a deed to owning that spot of the ocean, do let me know richest man in the world. I’m 19 and even I know better than to act a fool on a forum. You should be ashamed, and handled this like any other sensible man would have. It never hurts to ask someone to leave instead of pouting like a 10 year old. How about you make this your new “golden rule” and have karma be me giving you this reality check. So bless your heart and have a nice day.

So you’re upset because someone called out your stepdad after your stepdad anchored-up on a spot that was already being fished? Please explain how BS was wrong…

“I’m not a hundred percent in love with your tone right now…”

Considering the fact that I am a college student, I have a clue. A pretty good one. Believe me, I would never act like this posting pictures up of people. You guys act like you can own a piece of territory, ITS FISHING AND THE OCEAN. Get over it.

I don’t always take advice from 19 year olds in Budweiser shirts, but when I do, I choose Charlestonfishing.com.

Stay thirsty my friends.

“Banana Pants”
Indigo Bay 170
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I’m not a guy, so nice one.

Hannah, please tell me you are just pulling our chains, if not this is really sad that you are so void of common courtesy on the H20.
Good for you for sticking up for your Dad, just cause he does not have a clue doesn’t mean you have to be clueless .